How to build a castable planer board

Post your How to Storys-Articles here and please only How To's related to Boatless Fishing.
BulBob
Fisher

How to build a castable planer board

Post by BulBob »

Ok the truth is - This is really about how to make a castable planer board with DIRECTIONAL CONTROL.
These planer boards flip direction if you give them a little tug.

You need a 1/4" thick piece of pine or other light wood, some water proof wood glue, a piece of tube from a WD40 spray can and a toothpick. You’ll need a scroll saw and a drill. I made my first one in about 40 minutes.

You can print the pattern to scale and paste it on the board (with the grain) and cut with a scroll saw. Drill the hole to press fit in a piece of WD40 tubing. Put on a coat of weather sealer stain or paint and let it dry.

If you want to make a bigger one just print the pattern twice scale and use 1/2" pine or cedar.

I have a patent and make some out of plastic called the BulletBobber in 4 sizes 2", 2.5", 3" and 4". I also have some 6" long called the DualFin made out of a tough foam that only weigh 1 ounce. The DualFin is a clip-on in-line planer board where as the line needs to be threaded thru the BulletBobber. It is OK to make them for personal use or to give away as gifts but please don't sell them - it is only fair considering what I have put into it. But giving out plans to make them during hard times is only fair too. I know some folks must fish to eat - been there done that - and I could be there again!

I am running 2 $50 specials thru Fathers Day with free shipping!
Special #1 is 4 DualFin for $50
Special #2 is 4 BulletBobber Combo Packs for $50

Pattern compliments of Paul Lieb (owner) of BulletBobber Enterprises
http://www.BulletBobber.com

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: How to build a castable planer board

Post by fishnfool73 »

Where you been ?
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

cybereagle
I FEAR NO FISH

Post by cybereagle »

I think sir you have posted this in the wrong section.

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

:scratch: It's in the how to section ?
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

cybereagle
I FEAR NO FISH

Post by cybereagle »

Well since he is selling the product I thought it might be in the wrong section.

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

He does show you how to build it ... :mrgreen:

cybereagle
I FEAR NO FISH

Post by cybereagle »

OK no problem, carry on Mr. Bob

BulBob
Fisher

Post by BulBob »

Thanks for NOT shooting at me! If you build it they will come! - yea right!

Build one for kicks or fishing in crowder places. Since you have control of where it goes (especially if there is some current) many folks can use them and stay out of tangles by steering them. I made this diagram after doing it at a spillway by passing them out to everyone. Not one tangle up and you only need to cast once.
Paul Lieb
BulletBobber Enterpprises
www.bulletbobber.com

Return to “How To's Articles”