surf fishing

Post your How to Storys-Articles here and please only How To's related to Boatless Fishing.
nicmic
Fisher

surf fishing

Post by nicmic »

i just posted this to a different forum. i guess this forum might have been the correct one to ask my questions.
i don't live near a coast but do travel to them once in awhile. would like to surf fish by just walking the beach. would also like to make it as simple as possible. would like to have my fishing rod and one of those small plastic lure storage box's with me to have a small selection of lures or jigs to use as i am fishing the beach.
i have been reading a forum in the palm beach section about walking the beach and surf fishing and it started me wondering about a few things.
1. what type and and size of metal jigs/spoons are used? years ago i knew of people that used to use a lure called a hopkins lure, is that what is used?
2. i hear a lot of people talking about, on the forums, about using jigs tipped with shrimp. are these bucktail jigs and if so what type and size would be used?
3. there are a lot of fishing tv programs on the air but from what i see most, if not all, involve a boat. are there any, recommended programs that have surf fishing on them?
4. same type of question for magazines. any good on shore magazines around?
thanks

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Where you posted before is best, but no worries about this thread I will remove it after I know you have seen this post.

This area is for articles and How to's on fishing they are for you to read and I am sure you will find alot of info in here that you can use.

I will be posting to your other thread the answers to help with your questions a little later today.

Welcome to the Forum
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Return to “How To's Articles”