Small Tarpon?

riverking
Fisher

Small Tarpon?

Post by riverking »

Can someone help me find a spot not too far from Ft Lauderdale, where I have good chance of catching a baby Tarpon? And what lure or bait should I use? Thanks guys

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Small Tarpon?

Post by crashmister »

If they're tailing in the ICW pretty much anywhere if you have the bait. Not sure about Artie's, it they love live Muller. Flat line or floated. Old float trick, take a scrap piece of styrofoam, about 5 feet from your hook throw a couple half hitches around the piece of styrofoam. When the fish bites the line cuts through the float leaving you with nothing but line between you and the hook. Balloons work to but they're a little harder to work with.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

floridaBMW
Fisher

Post by floridaBMW »

riverking wrote:Can someone help me find a spot not too far from Ft Lauderdale, where I have good chance of catching a baby Tarpon? And what lure or bait should I use? Thanks guys
Tarpon are in most of the canals and waterways throughout Ft. Lauderdale. Best bet is to find current and some form of structure to hold bait and just blind cast, the bite could be tide dependant so u will have to come back at diff times. DOA Baitbuster trolling model, I've had good luck with the silver or gold glitter body with black back, slow rolling them near the bottom. Sharpen them hooks and good luck.

Ken

riverking
Fisher

Post by riverking »

Great ! Thanks Guys !

Return to “Species info--Dedicated to Targeting”