Mullet run jacks.

sn00kslayer
Seasoned Fisher

Mullet run jacks.

Post by sn00kslayer »

Im going to be at jupiter inlet blowingh rocks park and coral cove. i need to find a secure way to catch tons of jack crevalle in the few weeks of the mullet run i am expecting. any ideas message or answer on here. im thinking of going to the inlet and just putting out mullet to see if i can get a few. any thoughts?
STEELERS

joenofishhere
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Mullet run jacks.

Post by joenofishhere »

Mullet head on the bottom or a big plug might stand out a little more. Shouldn't be too hard to get on the jacks though.
Walk slow, and carry a big Snook.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Big spoon or top water with one treble. Cast reel fight unhook repeat. I'd even go as far as pinching the barbs.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

Jacks don't ambush, they just swim around looking for bait, sometimes they show up and sometimes they don't, or be a mile away without you knowing it. They can stick around for a while or be gone in a minute, you just never know with them. For me it's fish I don't target, I catch them when the opportunity is there. I don't fish live or cut bait, only artificial, that said when jacks are busting they will hit anything, my most used lures are a topwater or a mirrorlure twitchbait and you can never go wrong with a spoon or a bucktail. I believe the bucktail will improve your chances of hooking up with other species too, like a snook. Don't over think it, if they are around your gonna get one.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

fishnfool73 wrote:Big spoon or top water with one treble. Cast reel fight unhook repeat. I'd even go as far as pinching the barbs.

Agreed, but no pinching barb though
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Return to “Species info--Dedicated to Targeting”