Where are the mullet???

Jeffery327

Where are the mullet???

Post by Jeffery327 »

Does anyone have any good information on where the mullet run has made it to in South Florida? I ran up to Juiter 3 times last week, and found them once; awesome bluefish off the tail of the school. I can't find them since, and am curious if they have made it down to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami yet, so I don't have to blaze 80 miles to get some action...

Also, what weather makes for the best chance to put mullet up on the beach to fish in?

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Where are the mullet???

Post by permitchaser »

welcome :D keep reading you will find out

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

If you read the mullet tracking thread you will see that there are mullet scattered from Melbourne all the way to Biscayne Bay. Right place right time is what it is all about. By time you read where they were today they are likely gone.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

if you are going to think like that stay home and watch tv .i disagree with you FF they are places they stay for a few days they get so thick that water looks black i remember a few years ago the was so much finger mullets i cast my 10 footer gio and me couldn't lift the net we call two other guys for help :D i gave them bait .i got home cut them in lil chuncks when offshore to fish chum with the chunks we caught a lot of fish that night tony caught his biger grover that night 6 pounder.hunt those mullets :toast:

Return to “Species info--Dedicated to Targeting”