Best place for Tarpon, Snook, Big Jacks this week?

fishhunters
Fisher

Best place for Tarpon, Snook, Big Jacks this week?

Post by fishhunters »

Got family coming in for the Mullet run. Want to try and get them into some Tarpon, Snook and Big Jacks in the Surf this Friday (9/25). Thinking of hitting the Surf at Jetty Park or just North of the Cocoa Beach pier. Best places or should I think of something else. Planning to use live pinfish and poppers along with crab halfs and knuckles incase Cobia or Drum are around. Also heard the Sargassum was pretty bad. Has that cleared up? Thanks for the help.

Ed

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Best place for Tarpon, Snook, Big Jacks this week?

Post by fixed80 »

i haven't seen it cleaned up yet, and yes its still real bad along the beaches. but... if it does settle down, you can try casting those lures in the surf for the snook you are hoping for. as for the jacks, few schoolies come by every now and then chasing the mullet. the ones ive caught were small as in 2 pounds or so. haven't seen the big ones come by within casting range in quite a while now. usually they(the 20lb - 30lb jacks) stay off the beach cruising up and down the coast. and for the tarpon... you probably can try Sebastian inlet at night on the outgoing tide.

fishhunters
Fisher

Re: Best place for Tarpon, Snook, Big Jacks this week?

Post by fishhunters »

Thanks man. If it doesn't clear up then my choices become Mantanzas or Jensen Beach; with Mantanzas the likely spot.

Return to “Species info--Dedicated to Targeting”