Bimini twist

How to do it, What to use.
" Please when starting a Help thread to keep in mind to have me make it a sticky if it is on a specific method " Makes them easier to find
!^LUIS^!
Fisher

Bimini twist

Post by !^LUIS^! »

For what species of fish do you guys recommend a Bimini twist for ?

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Re: Bimini twist

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

There is no "species" that the knot applies to but rather the knots application. It's used to create a double line loop. With that loop you can attach a leader with a uni-uni, albright or other knot. You could also attach a snap swivel to the loop and use that to connect to a leader. I doubt you'll find anyone tying a bimini to attach a single hook or lure as it's a difficult knot to tie unless you've practiced a lot to be proficient. Unless you're high speed trolling for wahoo or trying to set an IGFA record on light tackle I'd stick to easier knots. It has great knot strength, but unless you're pushing your gear to the absolute max it's not worth the effort to tie.

ffishermen1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ffishermen1 »

an easier and faster tie is the spider hitch. gives you the same double line, but the knot strength isn't the same.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

I tie a Bimini Twist in most every rod I have, and that a lot, used in salt water and pretyt much any rod rigged with braid. I then use a Uni to Uni to attach a fluro or mono leader to braid.

I find that doubleing, Bimini, the braid make it easier to tie a better uni to uni to a leader. It also makes the braid, maybe, a little easier to handle with yer hands when landing a fish.

I can't say I've ever lost a fish to failure of the uni to uni connection.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

!^LUIS^!
Fisher

Post by !^LUIS^! »

thanks guy for the tips

Return to “Boat Fishing Info, How tos and methods”