Fort Lauderdale surf fishing under threat

BF Members paying it forward and helping others that are less fortunate and also making a difference and protecting our environment. this area is where you can read about planned events and our accomplishments.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Re: Fort Lauderdale surf fishing under threat

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Time to say Thank you

So
Pat aka Crash
Chris aka fishnfool
Jared aka Hjared
Joey aka FishmanJoe aka Gruntking
Herbert aka Cudaman

also
Taz
Keith
Mike Ogorman
Jeff aka Lunkerdog
Mike Thixton
Julien from riverside market
Steve Kantner
Steve coleman
Josh
Sharks at night couple did not get your names or rather my memory is crap

I know I am forgetting and i will add you as I remember, I know you all and it is great that you came out in support to help toss out the trash, I will thank you each in person when our paths cross soon.
A Big Thank you and i know you were there for your own reasons I just want to say thanks
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Great job everyone!!

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

No problem! I don't fish that stretch of beach, due to distance and time, BUT I felt like it was my duty as a fellow fisherman to help other fellow fishermen in this time of need. I to know what it's like to have my favorite fishing spots prohibited from fishing as I too have to "ninja" fish and or risk my livelihood just to do something I love and that's harmless. But I am happy to know that I helped make a difference in other fishermen's lives..hopefully, I will fish that area one day and know what others that fish it had at stake. Congrats on finally getting what is ours back and I'm honored to be apart of a family of concerned fishermen! You guys ROCK!!!!

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Great job by everyone but especially you Tommy for rallying the troops. :toast:
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Great job all! And really great seeing everyone again. Sucks we don't see each other except stuff like this and funerals. Why don't we throw a reunion Tommy? See if we can get the old shark gang back together as well? I'll bet Sean and Brooks might even make the pilgrimage for that.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Sounds like we found the location for our next get together. Maybe add in a quick beach clean up and invite some news outlets.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Leadslinger wrote:Sounds like we found the location for our next get together. Maybe add in a quick beach clean up and invite some news outlets.
This sounds like an amazing idea! We have to make this happen and invite the media to it. You all have to get a date going. I can bring a cooler filled with bottled water. We can even do so while snorkeling and diving.

Thanks to everyone that showed up, it makes a difference. :toast: :toast: :toast:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Out the box.......but we should all grab something to eat at her restaurant ,Sublime and show her that we harbor no ill feelings towards her. :toast:

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

cudaman wrote:
Leadslinger wrote:Sounds like we found the location for our next get together. Maybe add in a quick beach clean up and invite some news outlets.
This sounds like an amazing idea! We have to make this happen and invite the media to it. You all have to get a date going. I can bring a cooler filled with bottled water. We can even do so while snorkeling and diving.

Thanks to everyone that showed up, it makes a difference. :toast: :toast: :toast:

The quicker this happens the better, "strike while the iron is hot" if you will.

-Swordfish

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

What's everyone say? A simple little get together, not sure what facilities are nearby but I think we can all put our collective heads together and come up with something that involves a little fishing and a little trash pickup.

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Rare wrote:Out the box.......but we should all grab something to eat at her restaurant ,Sublime and show her that we harbor no ill feelings towards her. :toast:
Think they offer a you catch it we cook it special?

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

snapperfanatic18 wrote:No problem! I don't fish that stretch of beach, due to distance and time, BUT I felt like it was my duty as a fellow fisherman to help other fellow fishermen in this time of need. I to know what it's like to have my favorite fishing spots prohibited from fishing as I too have to "ninja" fish and or risk my livelihood just to do something I love and that's harmless. But I am happy to know that I helped make a difference in other fishermen's lives..hopefully, I will fish that area one day and know what others that fish it had at stake. Congrats on finally getting what is ours back and I'm honored to be apart of a family of concerned fishermen! You guys ROCK!!!!

Wait you we're there ?
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

No, I wasnt..but just the fact that myself and anybody else that took the time to send an email because it was the right thing to do was where I was going with my Lil paragraph. I wish I could've been there, because it would've been cool to be apart of something so important to the fishermen community
great white

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Beach Clean up November 29 8am
Check out the thread could use any and all help to make a big showing, but I am doing it if its only me and my family because it is the right thing to do right now!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34232
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Kudos to everyone. IMO if not for the last minute organizational effort by this forum, and only by this forum, fishing would have been banned here AND WITHOUT ANY OPPOSITION it would be banned by all the towns in the future. Can't let them win even one.

That said, who was the knucklehead that suggested our patronizing the old douchebag's restaurant? I mean Sweet Jesus son. She would never even let Joey use her toilet let alone serve him in her restaurant. "If Joey can't crap we don't eat" is my motto
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

Return to “BF Site Gives Back”