BF Forum Keys Ch 2 Bridge Trip Welcome ALL- Oct 23rd to 25th

BF Members paying it forward and helping others that are less fortunate and also making a difference and protecting our environment. this area is where you can read about planned events and our accomplishments.
gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Re: BF Forum Keys Ch 2 Bridge Trip Welcome ALL- Oct 23rd to

Post by gruntking »

kblue wrote:How many rods and gears you guys will bring?

I am thinking of
1 x permit rod
3 x bottom rods for snapper
1 x flat line rod
1 x bait rod
1 x hawking rod.
1 x bridge net
2 x live well buckets
1 x 12V battery
1 x lantern
1 x head light and bettery
1 x fish cooler (I leave it in car)
1 x drink/food cooler
1 x Chair
1 x tackle bag

Bait : squid to catch pin fish, frozen sardine/mullet,
Live bait: crab, anything I can catch on pier,

Here we go again... a lot of gear... :uplol: :uplol: :uplol:
That sounds about right good luck down there man
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

no hawking lesson? :cry: :cry:

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

Sorry man but like I said since baseball won't go neither will I
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

is anyone going down friday and coming back some time saturday? my car recently took a crap on me and i'm stuck without a ride....

i have to be back sometime sat, my abuela is turning 90 sunday and i have to be there...if youre staying both days can riding back sunday morning it can work too...

i live off 74 and collins in miami beach....i'll def split gas etx with whomever can take me and bring me back...or at least take me and i'll try and parachute back lol....

i'll have three rods, cooler (if needed), bridge net (if needed), ghetto livewell and my cast net bucket and fold up trolley with me

i really wanna make this trip as something has always come up with the last couple ones and i need to make amends with the three finger mullet

contact me however....phone 305-609-8826..pm...here...whatever...im off all day tomorrow so doesnt matter when

there is a spot right by my place where we can catch all the finger mullet we want as well...

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

i was planning on riding with my friend but he flaked at the last minute (story of his life) and now i'm stuck

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Purely out of curiosity... Is it just me or does this trip feel like there will be 3 or 4 people and more than likely they will all fish at different places? Anyone know if boatless himself will be making an appearance?

-Swordfish

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

He said he would be coming down... I think we all get together ch2 fence...

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Moose wrote:is anyone going down friday and coming back some time saturday? my car recently took a crap on me and i'm stuck without a ride....

i have to be back sometime sat, my abuela is turning 90 sunday and i have to be there...if youre staying both days can riding back sunday morning it can work too...

i live off 74 and collins in miami beach....i'll def split gas etx with whomever can take me and bring me back...or at least take me and i'll try and parachute back lol....

i'll have three rods, cooler (if needed), bridge net (if needed), ghetto livewell and my cast net bucket and fold up trolley with me

i really wanna make this trip as something has always come up with the last couple ones and i need to make amends with the three finger mullet

contact me however....phone 305-609-8826..pm...here...whatever...im off all day tomorrow so doesnt matter when

there is a spot right by my place where we can catch all the finger mullet we want as well...
Dude I texted you.
You need to reply me back quick...

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

kblue wrote:He said he would be coming down... I think we all get together ch2 fence...
KK. Ill be down that way at some point tomorrow mid afternoon, ill stop and say hello.

-Swordfish

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

yep, it will be my pleasure to see you...
Since GK is not comong, maybe you can show me how to throw hawks... :wink:
I bought two hawks at Sebastian Inlet... 2 oz and 2.5 oz... white with red tail...
Let me know if I have to get different ones.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

I sure wish I would have gone down I just heard from Nelson he has 3 mutts in the cooler
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

kblue wrote:yep, it will be my pleasure to see you...
I bought two hawks at Sebastian Inlet... 2 oz and 2.5 oz... white with red tail...
I actually wont be fishing Kblue, just hanging out with the wife. That being said there is no science to the jigs, and I promise you they're not the reason I catch fish, they are merely a tool in a large arsenal. Literally cast and slowly reel back, bump bottom and you will eventually get hit, there is no going around it, it will happen even with the cheapest hawks. 2oz is good for fast current. You just cannot give up, that is the biggest tip I can give you. Every time you lose a jig you are one step closer to learning them, without losing quite a few it is hard to learn it. I promise there is no mystery or secret to it. Just think like a bait fish, right now the mullet are around so observe and try to mimic what they do... (They get washed downstream at an angle).... Also remember you are targeting lazy fish....

Also, look around youtube, more and more people are posting how to do it, just gotta be careful enough to look at and dissect precisely what they are doing...

-Swordfish

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

swordfish wrote:
kblue wrote:yep, it will be my pleasure to see you...

I actually wont be fishing Kblue, just hanging out with the wife. That being said there is no science to the jigs, and I promise you they're not the reason I catch fish, they are merely a tool in a large arsenal. Literally cast and slowly reel back, bump bottom and you will eventually get hit, there is no going around it, it will happen even with the cheapest hawks. 2oz is good for fast current. You just cannot give up, that is the biggest tip I can give you. Every time you lose a jig you are one step closer to learning them, without losing quite a few it is hard to learn it. I promise there is no mystery or secret to it. Just think like a bait fish, right now the mullet are around so observe and try to mimic what they do... (They get washed downstream at an angle).... Also remember you are targeting lazy fish....

Also, look around youtube, more and more people are posting how to do it, just gotta be careful enough to look at and dissect precisely what they are doing...

-Swordfish

Lmfao are you freaking kidding me so why in the hell did you only catch shitty lil dink snook befor I showed you the hawk ? Lmfao what a joke
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

gruntking wrote:I sure wish I would have gone down I just heard from Nelson he has 3 mutts in the cooler
Rare is already down there

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

kblue wrote:
gruntking wrote:I sure wish I would have gone down I just heard from Nelson he has 3 mutts in the cooler
Rare is already down there

Yep he is says the bite is on fire
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

Sorry can't join you guys down there. TT Maybe next time.

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

Rare congrats on the 3 muttons!

Can anyone tell me how the current is there?

phantomreefer
Weekend Warrior

Post by phantomreefer »

So where the fishing are all these bitches that said they were gonna come? Your loss, its been off the hook.
Wisdom, justice, temperance, and fortitude. And if none of that works, kick em in the nuts!

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

I passed by in the morning and said what's up to two forum members, the rest were sleeping. Cousin wanted to try Long Key because the current was ripping at ch.2 =/ We are here at Long Key and nothing but grunts. The current is strong but not as strong as ch. 2. We are waiting for the tide to switch and hopefully we will have better luck.

phantomreefer
Weekend Warrior

Post by phantomreefer »

xtremeh18 wrote:I passed by in the morning and said what's up to two forum members, the rest were sleeping. Cousin wanted to try Long Key because the current was ripping at ch.2 =/ We are here at Long Key and nothing but grunts. The current is strong but not as strong as ch. 2. We are waiting for the tide to switch and hopefully we will have better luck.
It dies down here on 2.
Wisdom, justice, temperance, and fortitude. And if none of that works, kick em in the nuts!

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

I'm out here fishing by myself. I'm hurt and really sad that no one is here. I don't know about this talk of people sleeping here but I'm here waiting. I made hot dogs and burgers last night for folks coming late evening.... how disappointing. I heard kblue is here in the keys, but I haven't seen him. I waited on the south for him for 30mins and on the north side for another 30mins. He must have headed to long key.

As I was walk back I noticed 2 guys running the other direction. 4 of my rods were stolen and the guys running had my rods... I just didn't think I will become a victim. This has really cast a shadow on me of hate for all... I am done with fishing here, I'm done with this shittt....I'm just done with fishin all together!!!! All fishing stuff will be put up for sale at rock bottom price on another thread.... Rare out!!

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

Sorry to hear that Nelson if only baseball didn't ruin it for me I could have been there to keep your stuff from getting stolen
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Wow Nilson I feel your anger. Don't quit fishing because of that buddy poop happens . I'm willing to build rods you lost free only parts. Just learn from it but do not quit ...

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

Really sorry to hear that, did you get a visual of their getaway car? Maybe you can put in a police report, if you'd like I can keep a look out for any online sales, craigslist, fb groups etc. PM with what they took and I'll keep a look out while fishing the beaches and bridges.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

Wow, now that's what I call, "f*ck poop!"

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

Hmmmm making fun of jerry's kids = bad karma.... wow that must have be a hard one to swallow.
But really I feel bad your gear was stolen and your welcome to borrow anything I am not using at the moment. Quitting is not an option.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Fishing must really be slow to have the time to spin these tales of cow poop (tommy
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

Rare wrote:I'm out here fishing by myself. I'm hurt and really sad that no one is here. I don't know about this talk of people sleeping here but I'm here waiting. I made hot dogs and burgers last night for folks coming late evening.... how disappointing. I heard kblue is here in the keys, but I haven't seen him. I waited on the south for him for 30mins and on the north side for another 30mins. He must have headed to long key.

As I was walk back I noticed 2 guys running the other direction. 4 of my rods were stolen and the guys running had my rods... I just didn't think I will become a victim. This has really cast a shadow on me of hate for all... I am done with fishing here, I'm done with this shittt....I'm just done with fishin all together!!!! All fishing stuff will be put up for sale at rock bottom price on another thread.... Rare out!!
I didn't know you were out there Rare? I would've passed by to say HI, they didn't mention your name when I asked who was there. I didn't see any Asians on the south side of Long Key. BTW total bummer nothing but grunts no matter what bait we used, current was ripping.

Sorry to hear about your rods bro, that must of sucked big time! Hopefully you recover your stuff and the bad guys get caught.

As I was going back home driving from Long Key I passed by Ch. 2 and saw you guys there by the fence. I was the black truck that was beeping like mad man. I saw gruntking turn around and look. Hope you guys have good luck out. Stay safe!

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

fishnfool73 wrote:Fishing must really be slow to have the time to spin these tales of cow poop (tommy
Lol i thought the same as well
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

just cant trust these boatless guys who say they are coming and then dont... i hada blast with the crew and it was good times.. you F@#$ers missed the f%@K OUT ... just got home work in the morning.... next time we do this i say we dont invite anyone here who said they were coming and didnt show up... lame. we had weeks months to plan this..... then again we had plenty of fun with just us and didnt have to deal with you googs tangling us up or fishign over us or eatign our pretzel rods or drinking our beer and drinks...

Return to “BF Site Gives Back”