Kids fishing event - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

BF Members paying it forward and helping others that are less fortunate and also making a difference and protecting our environment. this area is where you can read about planned events and our accomplishments.
mrogge
Weekend Warrior

Kids fishing event - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

Post by mrogge »

Kidsfishing.org + The City of Pompano Beach need your help.

Were teaching 90 underprivileged kids how to fish and want you to help.
Nov 4th - Tuesday - 9:00 - 2:30 (school day off)
Quiet Waters Park.
401 S Powerline Rd, Deerfield Beach, FL 33442.
Meet at the marina in the far back/right corner of the park.
Volunteers must be 11yrs old or older. Adults are good too. We can sign off on VOLUNTEER HOURS for school.

We're teaching 90 kids how to fish and want your help. This event is a great way for you to make a difference in a child's life. The event is organized by stations that each kid must visit before they get to fish. Sign up for the station that you prefer to work.

USE THIS LINK TO SIGN UP!
https://www.volunteersignup.org/MMWWP

If you can help out please sign up using the link. Posting a reply on boatless fishing is not how you sign up. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. We're looking for volunteers to staff different stations at the event, volunteers for taking photos, even volunteers for soliciting businesses for donations.

mrogge
Weekend Warrior

Re: Kids fishing event - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

Post by mrogge »

This is a private event for the City of Pompano Beach and it's not open to the public.
If you cant help with this event but want to get our our list for future events please email kidsfishing@kidsfishing.org.
If you want info about future events that are open to the public also email.

We teach kids how to fish!

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

For anyone who can make it, this thing is a frigging riot! Did one at Dania a few years ago, and I'd be doing this one if I didn't have plans already. Rogge does a great job with this. All we do is show up rig gear and laugh. Pretty sure there's some old posts here, worth a look.
Best a luck Rogge!
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

what about food and parking will things like this be covered ?
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

mrogge
Weekend Warrior

Post by mrogge »

Park admission is FREE during the week. Parking is free. I will have donuts and drinks. We're the same group that did Dania a while ago. We have hosted over 25 events here in South Florida. But sort of burned out due to the lack of volunteers and sponsors. We're starting to have more events again. We'll be coming to a pier again sometime soon. Remember.... if your great with the kids we can make you a paid instructor for future events. I hate to monetize this sort of thing... but realize that gas and time arent exactly free. 9am TUESDAY Shelter #1. Quiet waters. If you can make it.

WE'RE DESPERATE FOR HELP!
The City of Pompano beach is taking 90 kids fishing tomorrow. Most are fishing for their FIRST TIME! We have all the rods, bait and tackle....
But we NEED VOLUNTEERS to help at the event. We're asking for volunteers. If you'r great with the kids you will be PAID for future events.

TUESDAY Nov 4th (SCHOOL DAY OFF)
Quiet Waters Park.
401 S Powerline Rd, Deerfield Beach, FL 33442.
Meet at shelter #1 in the NW corner of the park.

USE THIS LINK TO SIGN UP!
https://www.volunteersignup.org/MMWWP

Call if you have questions.
Mark Rogge, Dir
Kidsfishing.org
(954) 600-3747

Return to “BF Site Gives Back”