Re: RIP-- Tommy Shook---AKA-- ZEBCO

Post by Green Tide »

Great prayer

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

swordslayer
Fisher

Post by swordslayer »

Just to give everybody the heads up on Tommy's memorial service. It will be on November 3 at 9 am at DANIA PIER. The admission for the service is free, but everyone should put in a dollar for parking to avoid any problems with the city and towing of vehicles.

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Thank you for posting. I will be there.
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

swordslayer
Fisher

Post by swordslayer »

No problem for posting the info. Just wanted to get the word out to as many people as possible. Some of you I had phone numbers for and a lot of you I didn't. My name is Jason and I have fished with Tommy for the last 10 plus years. I am the other commercial guy that fished with Tommy with the yellow rods.

al305
Weekend Warrior

Post by al305 »

Damn, I would always get a kick from his witty replies. Never met him but seemed like a great guy. Rest in Peace...

islandkitty
Weekend Warrior

Post by islandkitty »

Rip Tommy, your wisdom and humor will be sorely missed on here. My condolences to your family.

bluemack
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bluemack »

RIP Zebco...you will always be remembered

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

Thanks Jason.I ll be there for sure.

regulator70
Seasoned Fisher

Post by regulator70 »

Never met him or had interaction with him, but my condolences go out to his family and fishing family.

Chynanoone
Fisher

Post by Chynanoone »

Hello Everyone,

I am Selina, Tommy's sister. I am not sure it is ok to post this but you all seem to know him and were friends here right?
I will try to get through this...
My mother found him yes, he would not answer her or my phone calls or texts but to us this was usual because we thought he was gone on a fishing trip he told us about. My mother went there to leave his Birthday gift, to just check and found him. They say he had a heart attack, I do not know when it happened, and perhaps my mother and I are being spared from this detail. She then got my father, I called her for some other reason and she told me. I drove there and was asked to go inside and get his kitten. This I will never get over! This hurts like you can not imagine! My other brother drove down as fast as he could.

I keep thinking it is not real, he is fine and he will keep trying to make me eat fish. I keep checking my phone to see if he is sending me a text of his lunch (he did that to me, LOL) He made me laugh; He was so kind (((to me and cats))). I knew him like no other...I saw the funny Tommy...The loveable Tommy. I knew his intelligence and wit! I will never look at a bus stop the same again, he would stop when someone was sitting there and say "excuse me, you dropped your head", the person would look for their head, while I slid down in the car seat, he would laugh and then say real mature!!! LOL!!! God he was funny!

I will check with my mother and find out the details as to the correct time we are having his service and I or my other brother will post here.

Thank you all for all you have written. My brother was a great man and we will never get over the loss of him.

PS: I loved the videos may I have the link to save so I can see him?

Selina

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Selina
I will go through all my videos from years past if you like and cut the areas that Tommy is in so you can have.

I can post up in my server and you can than just download them..
I will upload those two vids and send you the link

It will take some time I have about a terabyte of video to go through and thats a lot video and i am sure I many shots of him from a distance, I did not like to crowd Tommy when he was fishing so most are at a short distance.

I am also going to do a page in my site dedicated to Tommy with pics and video that I will host forever.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Chynanoone
Fisher

Post by Chynanoone »

Oh Tommy Thank you! I am sure my family would love that! I was reading in this thread people wanting to know and yes he was so young. Do you think what I posted was too much? If so, take it off if you want?

My Tommy was not much for doctors AT ALL. I hope men on here go get checked by your doctors because people love you and want you around.

Thank you so much Tommy A!!!

BoatlessFisherman

What you posted Selina is Great and as I said in the email, please post what ever you like and as much as you like.

Its is nice to see you here and sharing with us, I only wish I could make your loss easier.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Chynanoone
Fisher

Post by Chynanoone »

Thank you Tommy. I am enjoying reading all of his posts...he is a smart a@% but I find him very funny. It is nice to read what he wrote. Thank you again Tommy.

BoatlessFisherman

Chynanoone wrote:Thank you Tommy. I am enjoying reading all of his posts...he is a smart a@% but I find him very funny. It is nice to read what he wrote. Thank you again Tommy.

He also had an older account that is--->JacksonvilleLarry
-Tommy A-

GET THE NET!!!!
Seasoned Fisher

Post by GET THE NET!!!! »

Havnt been on the Forum in weeks but I found out about Tommy's passing the morning it happened from another friend Joel and I was shocked. Joel and Tommy taught me every last thing I know about fishing period, he was a good dude and a good friend and I will forever miss him. RIP Tommy
P.S. I dont know if its already been posted but I was inforemed that there will be a memorial service for Tommy on Saturday Nov. 3rd at Dania Pier at 9am and Im pretty sure its for anyone thats wants to go, btw clint you knew him he was the guy who worked at the pier with a short black ponytail and always had a hat on.
Team STIFF ROD

skyzdalymit71
Weekend Warrior

Post by skyzdalymit71 »

Haven't been on a while and am sad to hear of the passing of zebco. Didn't know him but my condolences are with his family. Rip Tommy!! :(
FISHING ANY TIME, ANY PLACE, ANY CHANCE I GET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Chynanoone wrote:Oh Tommy Thank you! I am sure my family would love that! I was reading in this thread people wanting to know and yes he was so young. Do you think what I posted was too much? If so, take it off if you want?

My Tommy was not much for doctors AT ALL. I hope men on here go get checked by your doctors because people love you and want you around.

Thank you so much Tommy A!!!
Selina, with everything else that's happened to my family this year, I made an appointment the day after I heard about Tommy. I see a Neurologist regularly but I havent had a Physical in years. Like the lady said, do it for your family.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Ditto Crashmister!

Chynanoone
Fisher

Post by Chynanoone »

[/quote]
Selina, with everything else that's happened to my family this year, I made an appointment the day after I heard about Tommy. I see a Neurologist regularly but I havent had a Physical in years. Like the lady said, do it for your family.[/quote]

I am so glad you did! We need you guys because we love you guys! Take care!

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Chynanoone wrote:
Selina, with everything else that's happened to my family this year, I made an appointment the day after I heard about Tommy. I see a Neurologist regularly but I havent had a Physical in years. Like the lady said, do it for your family.[/quote]

I am so glad you did! We need you guys because we love you guys! Take care![/quote]

X3. First physical in close to 10 yrs....
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

Chynanoone
Fisher

Post by Chynanoone »

Cookinman wrote:
Chynanoone wrote:
Selina, with everything else that's happened to my family this year, I made an appointment the day after I heard about Tommy. I see a Neurologist regularly but I havent had a Physical in years. Like the lady said, do it for your family.
I am so glad you did! We need you guys because we love you guys! Take care![/quote]

X3. First physical in close to 10 yrs....[/quote]

I hope all went well Cookinman.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

rip Zeb ,i will missed your good sense of humor :toast:

Return to “SHOREBOUND SHARK TOURNEY PRESENTED BY ???????????????”