BF Summer Tourney Submission Thread

BF Members paying it forward and helping others that are less fortunate and also making a difference and protecting our environment. this area is where you can read about planned events and our accomplishments.
Green Tide
SHARKER

Re: BF Summer Tourney Submission Thread

Post by Green Tide »

That is some imagination you have there Nelson. I will say that I have seen small tarpon rolling out back. I hope they are still around when we move in. You can see that the east wind blows weeds into our boat space.
Pat
Clarisse will be done with some school and testing early next month and will be ready to rock and roll on some cooking for the clean ups. :toast:

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

It was more like a slow stumble. :biglaugh:

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

crashmister wrote:I just want to mention that John (Green Tide) has an unfair advantage as he lives in the Keys. I think we should all go stay with him for the duartion of the tourney. But only if Clarice does the cooking. :mrgreen: And I know I'm not in the tourney, But her cooking is to die for so I'll chaperon. :biglaugh: :chef:
She is very anxious to get back at it man. Just needs to finish school and one more test. You will have to come down for the open house in august. After the tournament is over of course. :pistols:

whatisntseen
Weekend Warrior

Post by whatisntseen »

Not trying to spoil the party or anything, but isn't this the submission thread? There's a general tournament thread, keeping small talk in that board would probably be easier for the judges toward the conclusion of the contest. Also, it's a bit deceiving seeing new updates every 10 minutes even though there's been only one submission in the past 3 days.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the conversation, just discuss your catches in the other thread?
Thanks!
-Andrew

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Xpierrat wrote:
BoatlessFisherman wrote:It was meant as Kings but if you want to try and beat a Cuda or King with a Cero or Spanish, I guess you can.

I assure you the length of the cuda or King will be 40 inches or bigger and i don't see even a Cero coming in at that.

Tommy, I don't care but if I understood it right we are going for total inches of the combined counting fish..... It is alot harder to get a legal king and even a big cuda than a mac or cero.... to add to the total bag.

Yes it is total length on all the fish together and a cuda is what I would try for I added mackerel for those in the north, I will also allow any type of Mackerel.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

baracuda..34 inches photo as soon as i can figgure how to post it from my phone
Rick

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Xpierrat wrote:baracuda..34 inches photo as soon as i can figgure how to post it from my phone
Hey Rick! Scotty's right! Send it to email then save it to your pictures. Then go to Tinypic.com and resize it and paste it.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Wow John! That's tee pee livin right there Buddy! I know it'll be tough, but I'm sure you'll get used to it. :biglaugh:
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

Okay, 34 inch cuda..... just a baby.... Next bait thought I had a nice King too but up popped a big fat bonnie...... bummer

Left my big tape at home in another bag and had to borrow this one..... 36 inch tape kinda hard to read but if blown up you can see it fine.

Waste of a fine Gog..... normally :roll:

Bigger ones to come I am sure.
Rick

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

whatisntseen wrote:Not trying to spoil the party or anything, but isn't this the submission thread? There's a general tournament thread, keeping small talk in that board would probably be easier for the judges toward the conclusion of the contest. Also, it's a bit deceiving seeing new updates every 10 minutes even though there's been only one submission in the past 3 days.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the conversation, just discuss your catches in the other thread?
Thanks!
Yes it is ok to converse and what not i am going threw the posts and pulling the pics and posting them in a Official thread.

The rhetoric is common in these threads and that is why I decided to let it be, because this Tourney is about having fun and going back and forth.

It may not have been my best Idea but what the heck, sorry if it is a little bothersome, Join in.

Good luck in the tourney - whatisntseen
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Good to hear Tommy, looks like the old fkers are kickin it.
Nice one Xrat.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Green Tide wrote:Good to hear Tommy, looks like the old fkers are kickin it.
Must be nice to be retired and able to fish every day, while the rest of us are paying for your social security :mrgreen:

Just kidding, nice fish guys. :lol:

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:
Green Tide wrote:Good to hear Tommy, looks like the old fkers are kickin it.
Must be nice to be retired and able to fish every day, while the rest of us are paying for your social security :mrgreen:

Just kidding, nice fish guys. :lol:

Ha It didn't last long....back working 5 days a week at BPS... and my two days off are not back to back so that makes the keys kinds hard to do (at my age :roll: ) it is nice to be able to fish a couple of week days.....less crowded
Rick

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

It is all you have heard and more ! Thanks man, I know the hammer is gonna fall on the leader board soon. Then I will have that cricket sound.

whatisntseen
Weekend Warrior

Post by whatisntseen »

Nice cuda! Sorry to hear about the king, would've put the rest of us in a bind for sure.

I wasn't in the best mood when I posted that. But yeah, it really doesn't make much difference, does it? :silent:
-Andrew

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Green Tide wrote:That is some imagination you have there Nelson. I will say that I have seen small tarpon rolling out back. I hope they are still around when we move in. You can see that the east wind blows weeds into our boat space.

Pat
Clarisse will be done with some school and testing early next month and will be ready to rock and roll on some cooking for the clean ups. :toast:

I'll take that weed line any time, I would let my imagination run wild and fish for SILVER dolphins there anytime. <-- Jealous :bom: And I can't wait for that food :chef:

Nice cuda xpierrat! Lets see some big king fish :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I can't wait to go fishing this weekend and come back with nothing but a 12" mangrove :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :reeling:

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

Speaking of 12 inch grovers...... lets hope we can upgrade a bit next time.... but hey every inch counts..... opps we are talking about the tourny....honest. :P

Speaking of kingfish..... this one was just a couple of weeks too soon.... now its dead city...even the bonnies are far and few between.... need to try somewhere more North
I guess.
:roll:
Rick

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Xpierrat wrote:Speaking of 12 inch grovers...... lets hope we can upgrade a bit next time.... but hey every inch counts..... opps we are talking about the tourny....honest. :P
Speaking of kingfish..... this one was just a couple of weeks too soon.... now its dead city...even the bonnies are far and few between.... need to try somewhere more North
I guess.
:roll:
Nice move on the numbers, that's how it's done. It all counts as long as it's within the rules. It's nice to see more fish on the board. People, go out and fish please!

Xpierrat don't you love to see plenty of fish right before a tourney and then they all just disappear when it starts? But yes, we just have to go looking for them. Tomorrow is Friday so my fun will start soon :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: , hope to get that 12" grover or some other snapper. I'm going to the Horse Shoe :mrgreen:

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

rare wrote:
cudaman wrote: I'm going to the Horse Shoe :mrgreen:
Oh, HELL NO!!! 8) eatpop

And I will be riding a bicycle from bride to bridge since I can not walk (just had surgery on both my feet) LOL .....It's gonna be interesting for me. i have to figure out a way to pull my cart with the bicycle since I have no time to purchase the adapter :driving: :reeling:

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

LOL, it's all good, I have a good old bicycle, just no more ninja moves when my rod goes off. i'll have to have them in front of me.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

strizile wrote:Jesus

How odd is that. Good we fish with the hands and not the feet or we would not be looking so good :mrgreen:
:uplol: :uplol: I can only imagine if we had broken hands.

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

strizile wrote: Can you say mouth spooled :jester:
Tongue tied…literally :mrgreen:
The problem with writing about religion is that you run the risk of offending sincerely religious people, and then they come after you with machetes.

Return to “BF Site Gives Back”