Orion's Kids 2nd Annual Women vs. Men Fish-off!

BF Members paying it forward and helping others that are less fortunate and also making a difference and protecting our environment. this area is where you can read about planned events and our accomplishments.
Lis'
Fisher

Orion's Kids 2nd Annual Women vs. Men Fish-off!

Post by Lis' »

Greetings All,

"Orion’s Kids is having a Fish-off! to raise funds for our afterschool S.T.A.R.S program where we offer homework help and our Youth Advisory Council Aim High! Whose community awareness focus is on Non-Violent Relationships …

Will you help us meet our goal by buying a ticket because the grand prize is a First Place Trophy giving you bragging rights as the Ultimate Fisherwomen or Fisherman!

Tickets are $30.00 and $22.50 for kids and also includes t-shirts.

We need your help with our Fish-off! fundraiser. How many tickets should I count you in for?"

Thank you,

Lis'

Lisa Timmons, Director of Development
Orion's Kids, Inc. "Where Stars are Born!"

1773 North State Road 7
Lauderhill, FL 33313
(954) 562-5488
ltimmons@orionskids.org
http://www.orionskids.org
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Re: Orion's Kids 2nd Annual Women vs. Men Fish-off!

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Hey Everyone this is to help kids in our area so if you can help Please do and join and come fishing.

Thanks
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

offtrackk
Old Salt

Post by offtrackk »

rare wrote:I won't be here that week- I would have done it. Hell, I will send offtrack aka Chris and pay his way.

lol thanks nelson! i got this one! ill b there tommy!
team BLACKFIN TUNA!!!!!!

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Anybody going?
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

I'm in!
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Lis'
Fisher

Post by Lis' »

Hey Everybody,

We have a week to go and really need your help because our kids are failing in school, need positive activities (fellowship), role models and a place where they can be feel like someone really cares about them.

Wont you come out or even sponsor a child (k-12) for $22.50. the participant will receive a t-shirt, lunch and fellowship. I can deliver your ticket(s) or you may go online at www.orionskids.org.

Thanks for your help.

Lis'(954) 562-5488

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

I will sponsor a child for 22.50, Lis.

I will get with you about that Lis.

I will be there Russ.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Lis'
Fisher

Post by Lis' »

Thank you Goliath Grouper

Lis'
Fisher

Post by Lis' »

offtrackk wrote:
rare wrote:I won't be here that week- I would have done it. Hell, I will send offtrack aka Chris and pay his way.

lol thanks nelson! i got this one! ill b there tommy!
Thanks Old Salt!

Lis'

Lis'
Fisher

Post by Lis' »

BoatlessFisherman wrote:I will sponsor a child for 22.50, Lis.

I will get with you about that Lis.

I will be there Russ.
Thanks Tommy,

Gabriel and I will see you tomorrow morning before 7a.

Lis'

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Wish I could have made it. I would have got my son in the runnings but I had a busy weekend. No fishing till next week.(I haven't fished for about a month) :( I am on a study regiment but after friday its on. I am glad the event was posted on this site. I am always looking to get my boy fishing and that would have been a great wayto do so. If anyone has any pictures of the event please post.
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

Lis'
Fisher

Post by Lis' »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

November 7, 2010

Greetings Everybody,

We had a great time yesterday during our awesome 2010 Orion’s Kids 2nd Annual Women vs. Men Fish-off! OKI would like to send a special thank you to Kenny and Michelle Davis of DFC Homes of Florida, Tom Argue, the Boatless Fisherman of BoatlessFishing.com for all of your fishing needs, Anglin’s Fishing Pier and staff, professional fishermen Justin and Ben, Seth of Chic Filet in Pompano Beach, Bass Pro Shop, Chinaman Photo in the Oakland Park Flea Market, our wonderful participants, generous donors, and thoughtful well-wishers who made this event a success.

Winners in the Adult Category are:
2010 “Ultimate Fisherwoman” with 10 catches is Chandra Timmons
2010 “Ultimate Fisherman” is Floyd Williams with 7 catches

Winners in the Kids Category are:
Longest catch of the day goes to Gabriel Aikens who caught a 21-inch Gar Fish
First catch of the day goes to Ryan McKinzie
Most catches of the day goest to Trevon Pruitt

Other Prizes:
Wine Basket: Ericea Buchanan - First to arrive
Wine Basket: Rodney Fullwood, Raffle Drawing of Donors
Wine Basket: Ben Moore, for volunteering his time, gear, knowledge, rigging lines, filleting the fish and most of all, his humor

Guest appearance from music artist: Sol Morgan from England. Listen to him at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzRYD2McK3M

With your help and generosity, OKI can continue to improve the lives of our children and provide them with high-quality services and facilities that will help them achieve success.

For more information: www.orionskids.org
Contact: Kenneth Timmons, E.D.; (772) 446-5676; ktimmons@orionskids.org
Contact: Lisa Timmons, Dir of Dev.; (954) 562-5488; ltimmons@orionskids.org
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lis'
Fisher

Post by Lis' »

Greetings Fisher "GO4EM",

Sorry you could not make it out with your son. We had a great time. Once I figureout how to upload the pictures I will. It was so cold in the AM, but that didn't stop us! We learned alot about fishing like what you can and cannot eat or touch -- God is Amazing!Thanks to Tom, we faired well. I think Mackerel is my favorite fish to eat now. Next year Our event should be in October.

Thanks for your support.

Lis'
GO4EM wrote:Wish I could have made it. I would have got my son in the runnings but I had a busy weekend. No fishing till next week.(I haven't fished for about a month) :( I am on a study regiment but after friday its on. I am glad the event was posted on this site. I am always looking to get my boy fishing and that would have been a great wayto do so. If anyone has any pictures of the event please post.

Return to “BF Site Gives Back”