11th Adopt a Bridge Clean up 08/21/10 at 10am Saturday

BF Members paying it forward and helping others that are less fortunate and also making a difference and protecting our environment. this area is where you can read about planned events and our accomplishments.
bolo
USER BANNED

Re: 11th Adopt a Bridge Clean up 08/21/10 at 10am Saturday

Post by bolo »

Tommy, just to let you know. Next clean up Chris and I will not be able to make it. We have a Dry Tortugas trip during that weekend.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

I forgot WhoDey and Crash will be joining us our Dry Tortugas adventure.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Ok Bolo I will talk to Chris and see about what weekend would be good for most.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Well it was very nice to see some Faces I have not seen in a while.

Great Seeing
Fishaddict aka Wendal-----John aka Green tide---- Rick aka Baitfish, Thanks for Backing up the BF Forum with the last clean up and another this month back to back, Rare aka Nelson -- Sterilized "lol" aka Ron How was channel 5 ?? Cowboy Justin and Jason who is not a member" hope you will become a member" but came and helped out it was most appreciated :toast: and it was very good talking with all of you.

I myself think we really need to plan one month around a clean up and hope that 20 or more show with the intentions of all of us fishing together at different points through a 24 hour period, we could set two camps on different bridges and trolley us all back and forth so the best currents could be fished on two bridges, it would be a great time and from all I have meet on these clean ups I am sure we would all share a lot of Laughs and maybe some great catches.

Anyways just an idea that I thought of walking down the bridge.

Heres a picture of Us "all eight of us" next to the sites new sign on the ends of the bridge, we were a small group but we got it done really quick and we did it very well I must say. Thank you again everyone
100_0358a.JPG
100_0360a.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

well done guys. :toast:

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

It was awesome meeting all you guys I hadn't met before and seeing those again that I had met before! Everyone did a great job getting the work done quickly and the bridge is a much cleaner place for us doing it. It's just amazing how many people just don't give a sh!t how messy they leave a place when they are done using it!!

I went back out and fished for a few hours after we were done cleaning the bridge. For bait, there were tons of small dines and pilchards, so I decided to catch a bunch of those and see if there were any snapper around. Put the first one out live on an the outgoing tide and let it go out under the main road (traffic) bridge....bammmmm! got nailed by a little jack...about 3 lbs! So I changed my set up a bit and put another one on and tossed it as far in under the traffic bridge as I could by one of the far side pilings. In no more than 15 seconds, it got nailed by a little grover. Every time I would toss one in there it would get nailed. After catching about 5 or so shorts, I finally got a keeper at 12". When it was all said and done, I ended up with 3 keepers (12" to 14") out of about 20 or so catches.

All in all, a fun day!! Thanks again guys!!

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Good job guys, sorry I couldn't be there.

Tommy, you are killing me with the dates...the next one is scheduled on the UM-Ohio State football game, I'm going to try and make it down before the game but I can't guarantee it.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

sorry bout your snapper Rare :D mr cuda always hungry .

Return to “BF Site Gives Back”