Hollywood docks

Help on different Boatless Fishing locations.
jbuck501
Old Salt

Hollywood docks

Post by jbuck501 »

I was driving down A1A yesterday from Dania Beach to Hollywood Beach and noticed 2 or 3 public docks on the canal. There were a few people fishng. I did not stop to talk to them but was wondering how the fishing would be there. What could we expect to catch? Anyone fish there or have any info? Thank you.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Hollywood docks

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Never fished there, but if I had to guess, I'd say not much. Probably mostly crap fish, grunts, puffers, baby snapper, etc. Maybe some jacks, snook and tarpon if you are lucky.

jbuck501
Old Salt

Post by jbuck501 »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:Never fished there, but if I had to guess, I'd say not much. Probably mostly crap fish, grunts, puffers, baby snapper, etc. Maybe some jacks, snook and tarpon if you are lucky.
That is what I thought. We fished the John Loyd Park boat ramp area and all we got for $8.00 worth of shrimp was small snapper, puffers and grunts. Thank you

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

I have spent many an hour trying to prove that spot out as it looks really fishy. I mean structure loads of current and near the inlet slam dunk right. Negative , my trips there produced some sand perch undersize grovers, and some jacks at first light. Have seen tarpon rolling but never got a whiff from them as they moved through quickly.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

I say jacks, and maybe tarpon at night. My friend lives on a canal like that in the keys and at night the fishing is amazing. We caught our limits on grovers every night, a few hogs and jacks, and huuuuuge tarpon roll through at night. Each spot is different though.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

JordanConnorSharp wrote:I say jacks, and maybe tarpon at night. My friend lives on a canal like that in the keys and at night the fishing is amazing. We caught our limits on grovers every night, a few hogs and jacks, and huuuuuge tarpon roll through at night. Each spot is different though.
You seriously can't compare a canal in broward to one in the Keys.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

I've never really fished them around here so I guess I can't. I was just going off of prior knowledge but I can see there's a big difference lol

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

The Keys is completely different compare to anywhere around the country. Some canals in the Keys will produce more fish you will ever see if you fish a life time on the piers.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

After my few trips to the keys I could agree with that statement.

Return to “Fishing Location Help”