Juno Pier help

Help on different Boatless Fishing locations.
jupiter31
Fisher

Juno Pier help

Post by jupiter31 »

I'm thinking about fishing Juno Pier tomorrow. I'm interested to hear from anyone who has experience fishing the pier with artificials what has worked best for you, e.g. Xraps, DOA shrimp, Terror Eyz, Red Tail Hawks, etc. I'm not really targeting any species in particular, just looking for what would give me the most overall action. I also plan to catch some live bait or use live shrimp. I also have another question for anyone who can help. I'm not used to fishing piers and was wondering what size net would be good for me to buy. I'm not talking about a cast net but a net to pull the fish up. Also I welcome any other tips on fishing the pier or ideas on supplies that I may need. Thanks in advance!

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Juno Pier help

Post by fishnfool73 »

For the piers you are better off using lures with some weight behind them like jigs and spoons or hard body plugs vs plastic shrimp and such. That being said a bucktail in white with some flash in 1/4 - 1 oz should help you target mackeral, jacks, runners, snook, and bonita on Juno this time of year. A silver spoon in 1/4 - 2 oz will do the same. Depending on wind and wave conditions a big loud topwater like a Zara Sook or Chug Bug is an exciting way to hook some fish as well. As far as a net to land fish with you will need a ringed hoop net to land your larger catches or a pier weighted treble hook.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

jupiter31
Fisher

Post by jupiter31 »

Thanks that is very helpful!

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

That is what I am here for . :mrgreen: Just watch the locals out there ( they'll be the ones catching the fish ) most are willing to show you the ropes if you ask politally. Be there early before that big heat tab in the sky warms the water up.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Keep an eye on your gear. Fish for snook that'll be your best bet for a lunker.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

Boca Jetty Rat wrote:Keep an eye on your gear.
aint that anywhere though. :lol:

Return to “Fishing Location Help”