Advice for Santa Rosa/Panhandle fishing

Help on different Boatless Fishing locations.
Cappymrgn

Advice for Santa Rosa/Panhandle fishing

Post by Cappymrgn »

Disclaimer: I am a newbie to SW fishing.

I will be in the Santa Rosa area for week and I was hoping to get some help on what may be biting this time of year, on what and what kind of rig?

I have a Daiwa emcast sport reel (based on price and reviews from a few sites) and a 9' rod that basically came free with it. I plan on upgrading the rod later. Its spooled with 25lb line, I bought some pyramid weights, circle hooks, and some pompano rigs. My son(11) will have a "BassPro" rod and reel combo in the water with me as well. Hopefully that will be enough to get me started. I plan on fishing from the surf only and intend on making this a regular thing because I live in S. Florida and it seems silly not to!

I have been searching through the forums, but I cant seem to find too much about that area that is current.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

Jason

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Advice for Santa Rosa/Panhandle fishing

Post by fishnfool73 »

I have never fished that area but imagine that some fresh cut shrimp on pompanos rigs gives you a shot at whiting, drum red and black , as well as jacks ladyfish and pompano. Check with a local tackle shop to get an updated report.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Return to “Fishing Location Help”