Fishing in Venice, FL????

Help on different Boatless Fishing locations.
colibri2
Fisher

Fishing in Venice, FL????

Post by colibri2 »

HI all,

New member and new to Venice, FL. I;ve got 10' and 12' surf rods (15-lb mono line) as well as 7' ugly stickswith 12-lb mono line. I've got the hooks, jigs, plugs, weights, knoves, and even a kayak!
Would LOVE to catch snook, redfish, pompano, jacks, sheepshead or ?

Where to go? what to use? when to go????

colibri2
Fisher

Re: Fishing in Venice, FL????

Post by colibri2 »

no one?

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Never fished in Venice but given the species you want to target and equipment you have here are my suggestions.
Hard bodied lipped plugs , shad tailed jigs, or freelined live bait for the snook at first light on the beach. Travel with a spool of leader some lures and walk the beach til you find the fish. When you catch one you should have located a big pod of them as they will be schooling up. Cast a pompano rig out with cut shrimp, sand fleas, or clams for some pompano, jacks,runners, whiting, and drum on the beach. Fish the rocks at the inlet loads of fish there from mackeral to pompano, to snook, to tarpon. Hit up a local tackle shop with some cash to spend and I am sure they will be happy to point you towards some fish if it means future business the next day.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

BRunner346
"WE RUN IT"

Post by BRunner346 »

snook cruising around at the pier. from the bait shop to the surf there is a decent amount of snook. besides that heard from the baitshop that its been slow. occasional mac. lots of bait tho
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."

Return to “Fishing Location Help”