Sebastian Inlet NORTH JETTY Restrictions !!!

Boatless Fishing Reports for the three Countys including these areas Sebastian Inlet, Melbourne Beach, Indian Shores, Wabasso Beach, Fort Pierce, Port St lucie, .Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, New Smyrna Beach, Ormond Beach, Pierson, Ponce Inlet, Port Orange, South Daytona.
ez2cdave
Fisher

Sebastian Inlet NORTH JETTY Restrictions !!!

Post by ez2cdave »

I just received this information from Nedra Maxwell of the Sebastian Inlet District . . .

QUOTE:

Sebastian Inlet District Commission – September 02, 2016

• Because of increasing reports of vengeful behavior by some fishermen, altercations between anglers, conflicts between anglers and boaters, and resource violations, Sebastian Inlet’s popular north jetty fishing pier will be closed at night for a temporary period starting in about two weeks.

• At a special meeting on August 31st, the five-member Sebastian Inlet District Commission voted 3 to 2 to close 500 feet of the north jetty from dusk to dawn daily while Commission staff and its legal counsel work with state and local agencies for better law enforcement and ways to quell the reckless activity.

• Of primary concern to the Commission are the numerous reports its staff has received from boaters becoming the targets of jetty anglers throwing or casting lead weights, lures and other objects into their boats, mostly at night.
A small band of troublemakers are believed responsible.

• There were isolated cases of angler-boater interaction for years, but more serious incidents have escalated in the last two years. Until actions are identified that improve public safety at the inlet, and the Inlet Commission is assured that adequate monitoring and security are provided, the north jetty will be closed at night.

• A physical gate/barrier will be erected at the beginning of the north jetty pier structure, 500 ft. from the east end. The gate is anticipated to be in place by mid-September. The gate will be closed and locked at sunset and reopened at sunrise. Anyone found on the jetty between dusk and dawn will be charged with illegal trespassing.

• Florida statute 790.19, in part, states that hurling or projecting a missile into a vessel is a second-degree felony punishable by the maximum of 15 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

• All other areas of the inlet and the park will remain open 24 hours a day. There is approximately 9,000 linear feet of accessible shoreline west of the closed area, including the south jetty, catwalks and T-Dock, all within the State Park, available for night fishing. These areas have few conflicts with boats navigating the inlet.

Nedra Maxwell
Administrative Assistant
Sebastian Inlet District
114 Sixth Avenue
Indialantic, FL 32903
(321) 724-5175

END QUOTE:

Tight Lines !

kblue
SHARKER

Re: Sebastian Inlet NORTH JETTY Restrictions !!!

Post by kblue »

Do we know when this will start ?

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

K, do you read before you post? We dont but have an idea as per Nedra Maxwell

Sebastian Inlet’s popular north jetty fishing pier will be closed at night for a temporary period starting in about two weeks.
and
A physical gate/barrier will be erected at the beginning of the north jetty pier structure, 500 ft. from the east end. The gate is anticipated to be in place by mid-September. The gate will be closed and locked at sunset and reopened at sunrise. Anyone found on the jetty between dusk and dawn will be shot for trespassing

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Good summary... Mid September... that sucks... we have to go there before this happen...

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

kblue wrote:Good summary... Mid September... that sucks... we have to go there before this happen...
I can tell that you didnt read it all! (tommy

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

I swear I don't know if they don't read or can't read (tommy Either way,pearl before swine.

Nice touch, guess I'm up....
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Rare wrote:
kblue wrote:Good summary... Mid September... that sucks... we have to go there before this happen...
I can tell that you didnt read it all! (tommy
Don't know what I missed but I never been a good student..

Just in case, don't tell me you believe this close is for a temporary period... If so, why do they even construct the gate...

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Kingofthesea wrote:I swear I don't know if they don't read or can't read (tommy Either way,pearl before swine.
I swear I don't know if my old fart getting too wise or losing memory or just too much of hairs... I also swear I don't know if I read somewhere about not cast gog before permit...

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I went to Sebastian north jetty for overnight fishing as I wanted to do fishing before the gate built during mullet run... But it was a little early for mullet run...
ez2cdave wrote: Of primary concern to the Commission are the numerous reports its staff has received from boaters becoming the targets of jetty anglers throwing or casting lead weights, lures and other objects into their boats, mostly at night.
A small band of troublemakers are believed responsible.
I saw why... But I could only tell what I saw one day though... I was pissed and felt like fishing at lobster opening day.

I saw a few boats anchored within 30-50 yard distance from north jetty during day light...(And they were not even catching fish)... I couldn't cast out...
Don't know why... So surprised that white and black fishermen at particular time on the jetty were so nice... nobody yelled...(I still don't know why... some were locals) So it was up to asian...But Vietnamese and Chinese were so quiet...Maybe, all locals knew boaters would complain their BS... A Korean yelled at them in nasty Korean without casting anything and somehow, they understood and moved...

I could say one of fundamental cause may be boats anchored or drifted within proximity of casting distance... But it is just my saying as I have no idea...

And I am wondering if there is any rule about how close to pier or jetty the boat can anchor...

If the north jetty is closed for night, I am sure boaters will even tie their rope to jetty pylons and fish...

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Green Tide wrote:This is been a ruff week on the fishing news. First Sebastian gets all but close down now this. What's next, calling off the mullet run.

Im gonna put it in here, John....but do you blame them?

09-08-16 THURSDAY: THE BITE IS HEATING UP!

THIS MORNING AT 4:59 A.M. A PERSON OR PERSONS WILLFULLY DAMAGED THE WEB CAM AND SECURITY CAMERAS BY CUTTING THE MOUNTS AND LINES. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THIS INCIDENT, PLEASE LET US KNOW. THIS TYPE OF INCIDENT IS EXACTLY WHY THE NORTH JETTY WILL BE CLOSING FROM DUSK TO DAWN IN A FEW WEEKS. THE WEB CAM SERVICE AND FISHING ON THE NORTH JETTY IS A PRIVILEGE ENJOYED BY MANY. IT WOULD BE A SHAME FOR A FEW VANDALS TO RUIN THIS FOR THE MANY REPSONSIBLE ANGLERS WHO FREQUENT THE JETTY.

Almost forgot! Congrats to our very own, Jarred on the nice red

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

I do see the need for action but you do not close 95 down because a few people speed you station somebody in authority to take care of the speeders and leave the rest of the people alone. I realize that county does not have a lot of resources to be doing that but they should also understand fishing is a huge part of their community as well as the jetty: there are many boater owners that would destroy things if they thought they could blame it on the shore fisherman just to get rid of them.
This is not a ninja fishing spot it is open to the public. They don't mention that there's been a problem for years so it sounds like it's new and maybe just a small group of people

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

So what do you suggest they do to fix this problem? I thought about a boater doing something but not a big fan of conspiracy (tommy

From what i understand there have been many complains about this and the last straw that broke the camel back was a kid who almost lost his fingers on the boat due to someone on the Jetty pulling on the line as the kid was trying to get the line off the boat. They are not closing down the whole Jetty they are closing it from dusk till dawn and it supposedly a temp fix till a solution is found. I think its the right thing to do before someone really gets hurt.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

In before the ....

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

the trip from Hell?

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Na, good trip....The gates are made very well. (tommy

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

lol yes :toast:

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

The trip we caught 100 mullets but rare counted it all wrong... I got bites more than 100...

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

:uplol:

The Chanqleta dude

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Thank God. It appears N jetty opens 24/7 again... :thumright:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Let's hope things will be different...nah, whom am I kidding....lol

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Rare wrote:Let's hope things will be different...nah, whom am I kidding....lol
By Chaos theory, same thing never happens again in time-variant dynamic system (where this world belongs to) as the present influences the future.
However, its pattern with slight modification reoccurs...

The theory predicts it will be closed again by another random events...

Let's just enjoy while we can...

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

flouder.jpg
No more SI for me... Not worthy for tiny flounder... About 50 yard of Northern jetty end is still blocked...it appears permanent... Hurricane damage became a cover up...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

Nice spotted mat u got there

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

kblue wrote:
No more SI for me... Not worthy for tiny flounder... About 50 yard of Northern jetty end is still blocked...it appears permanent... Hurricane damage became a cover up...

I heard a snook was hooked and some brave soul went over the gates to land the snook. Heard he didnt catch but snook but broke his leg. Can you confirmed this story, blue?

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

yep, i heard an idiot did it... :nopity:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

kblue wrote:yep, i heard an idiot did it... :nopity:
I like brave daredevil. (tommy

Return to “Brevard--Indian River--St Lucie Countys--Volusia”