Port Saint Lucie!

Boatless Fishing Reports for the three Countys including these areas Sebastian Inlet, Melbourne Beach, Indian Shores, Wabasso Beach, Fort Pierce, Port St lucie, .Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, New Smyrna Beach, Ormond Beach, Pierson, Ponce Inlet, Port Orange, South Daytona.
mikeymellow
Fisher

Port Saint Lucie!

Post by mikeymellow »

Anyone looking to do some nighttime fishing in the PSL area give me a shout.

mikeymellow
Fisher

Re: Port Saint Lucie!

Post by mikeymellow »

Going to do some exploring this summer and hit as many St. Lucie county piers and surf spots as possible. Will tell what bait, what spot, what time of day, and hopefully name of catch along with pics.

This will be fun. Anyone want to join in is more than welcome!

Ronmoll
Fisher

Post by Ronmoll »

Nice report, better luck next time.

shos260288
KING MACKEREL

Post by shos260288 »

Ditch the fish bites and get yourself some fresh shrimp.
Fish Crazy

mikeymellow
Fisher

Post by mikeymellow »

Well I moved the photos into a fishing folder, and looks like it screwed up the thread. Here are the previous threads fixed.

by mikeymellow » Sun May 01, 2016 7:56 pm
All right first day out was a dud. I went to Dollman Beachside, it was around 3:45 pm beautiful day. So beautiful in fact that the fish were on vacation.

I was using pink ez shrimp fish bites on a TWO-HOOK BOTTOM FISHING RIG set up.
This was the set up.
Waves were 2 to 3 feet

Well on to the next day.

Postby mikeymellow » Tue May 03, 2016 12:57 am
Yeah, I normally use fresh shrimp, i's almost like a guarantee when I do. Was hearing a lot about fish bities so I told myself, I 'll try them for a few outings.

Well here is outing 2. Went out a 9:15 pm, had a few hours to spare so figured I'd try another spot. Left St Lucie County to try Martin this time.

First spot was the Indian Riverside pier. It was way too windy, and I'll be frank was a little creepy out there also lol.

I wrapped up after a half hour and hit the Jensen Beach Causeway.

Same set up as yesterday, same bait. I can say this, baby catfish sure like fish bites :-( (I'm also practicing how to cast that surf rod, that's the reason for using it on the pier.

Looks like there is a rocket launch Wednesday late night/Thursday early morning, so I'll try Jensen Beach Causeway again. This time I'll probably use the live shrimp while I wait for take off.

To be continued.

Rocket launch was pushed back 24 hours due to possible bad weather. Got out to catch the launch, but was too cold to fish.

To be continued.

shos260288
KING MACKEREL

Post by shos260288 »

While you are there you might want to check out the Fort Pierce jetty. It is definitely worth a try and can be quite productive for many different species at times.
Fish Crazy

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

learn to tie a dropper loop so you can make your own rigs,....that rig has so much lead on it that bites are gonna be harder to come by....ditch any un needed swivels too

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Ask local bait shop to sell you their custom rig...Don't buy it from walmart...

mikeymellow
Fisher

Post by mikeymellow »

Catches all the same for me without breaking the bank. Sounds like smart shopping to me. Most of my equipment is Bass Pro shop or ugly sticks (Fresh Water), but I have come to find out that to this point, the fish don't know, and could care less what I'm pulling them out with!
Last edited by mikeymellow on Thu May 12, 2016 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikeymellow
Fisher

Post by mikeymellow »

Moose wrote:learn to tie a dropper loop so you can make your own rigs,....that rig has so much lead on it that bites are gonna be harder to come by....ditch any un needed swivels too

Yeah I know how to tie it, have some pretty good books on rigging. I'm lazy fishing, and experimenting with different stuff.

mikeymellow
Fisher

Post by mikeymellow »

shos260288 wrote:While you are there you might want to check out the Fort Pierce jetty. It is definitely worth a try and can be quite productive for many different species at times.
Thanks, I have a map of spots with GPS coordinates that I am going off of. working my way up it as time allows.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

mikeymellow wrote:Catches all the same for me without breaking the bank!
Actually, you may be right or may be wrong...at the end of day, it is fishing...lol
Any type of rig with right bait may catch some...as some of fish just bites everything....all fish within a species have many "personalities"

One of ways to see if your rig set up works or not is when you fish with some locals guys.

There will be a time locals are not catching while you are not catching...this is when there is no so many fish.
There will be a time locals are not catching while you are catching one...this is your lucky day....still this doesn't mean you are doing correct.(Maybe your bait happened to be the first one the fish saw)

And there will be a time locals are catching fish non-stop while you are catching one or two...this may be only time when you realize you are doing something incorrect...

mikeymellow
Fisher

Post by mikeymellow »

kblue wrote:
mikeymellow wrote:Catches all the same for me without breaking the bank!
Actually, you may be right or may be wrong...at the end of day, it is fishing...lol
Any type of rig with right bait may catch some...as some of fish just bites everything....all fish within a species have many "personalities"

One of ways to see if your rig set up works or not is when you fish with some locals guys.

There will be a time locals are not catching while you are not catching...this is when there is no so many fish.
There will be a time locals are not catching while you are catching one...this is your lucky day....still this doesn't mean you are doing correct.(Maybe your bait happened to be the first one the fish saw)

And there will be a time locals are catching fish non-stop while you are catching one or two...this may be only time when you realize you are doing something incorrect...
you are correct on all points. I'm just out there having fun. Went back to Dollman Beach yesterday. Caught a whiting and 2 big crabs on shrimp flavored fishbites, and crab flavored fish bites.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

I deleted the bad posts (tommy looks good.

Nice Post Mikey :toast: Keep the reports coming :reeling: your fishing a fun area
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

lostinfl
Fisher

Post by lostinfl »

Hey Mike! Love the reports. I'm in St Lucie as well. I think I may have bought a canoe off of you last year? Same fella?
Let's get together and do some fishing. :reeling:

mikeymellow
Fisher

Post by mikeymellow »

lostinfl wrote:Hey Mike! Love the reports. I'm in St Lucie as well. I think I may have bought a canoe off of you last year? Same fella?
Let's get together and do some fishing. :reeling:

Lol nah I don't think that was me, but yeah we can go. I was just told we had a tornado down here last night. My Uverse was out, so I wasn't even aware.

mikeymellow
Fisher

Post by mikeymellow »

BoatlessFisherman wrote:I deleted the bad posts (tommy looks good.

Nice Post Mikey :toast: Keep the reports coming :reeling: your fishing a fun area

Thanks, there is a rocket launch next week, hope to get out and catch it and throw a line out right before going out of town for the Holiday weekend. This time I won't leave the tablet in the car. (The reason I didn't get shots of the whiting and crabs)

mikeymellow
Fisher

Post by mikeymellow »

It's 11:53 pm 5/23/16 just got back from Jensen Beach Causeway fishing pier. Catfish ate all my shrimp, and then the lightning started.

To be continued.

mikeymellow
Fisher

Post by mikeymellow »

A little late getting this up. Had some fun on the beach with shrimp fish bites.

This was on June 12 about 3 pm. Beautiful day on the beach.

Caught a bunch of these. Catch and release of course.

mikeymellow
Fisher

Post by mikeymellow »

Not sure what this creepy thing was but it wound up on the hook at the Jensen Beach Causeway on 6/26/2016 at 1:45 in the morning.

Old School
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Old School »

That might be a marine blood worm. Great bait BTW.

http://wiki.hicksvilleschools.org/group ... iki/d511c/

mikeymellow
Fisher

Post by mikeymellow »

Oh ok, I thought it was some kind of snake or something. Wife thought maybe an eel. Going to try to hit someplace up Saturday if weather permits.

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

I am heading to Jensen Beach causeway bridge, and the mosquito bridge this week after work.. the snook bite was on fire this week when its out going tide.. anyone wants to meet up?

mikeymellow
Fisher

Post by mikeymellow »

What day are you heading out?

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

planning to get out there mon tues, high tide around sunset

mikeymellow
Fisher

Post by mikeymellow »

Tuesday sounds like a plan. I'll swing through the causeway about 6:30 pm look for the Blue town and country!

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

sounds good. i will stop by snook nook for few dz handpicks and head over

mikeymellow
Fisher

Post by mikeymellow »

Which part of the causeway will you be at? The west side of the bridge, or the East side, and the North boat ramp or the south?

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

i will hit mosquito bridge first then west bridge

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

i went on Tuesday.. super windy.. didnt see my boatless buddies.,i managed a 4lb blue and a 20 inch snook..some dude caught a nice black drum

Return to “Brevard--Indian River--St Lucie Countys--Volusia”