Sebastian Inlet "Fishing Reports" 2014 to 2022

Boatless Fishing Reports for the three Countys including these areas Sebastian Inlet, Melbourne Beach, Indian Shores, Wabasso Beach, Fort Pierce, Port St lucie, .Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, New Smyrna Beach, Ormond Beach, Pierson, Ponce Inlet, Port Orange, South Daytona.
killula
KING MACKEREL

Re: Sebastian Inlet "Fishing Reports" 2014

Post by killula »

You would have to wait your turn for the plugers and jiggers, and put your bait out further then they go so it's out of the way, no one will bother you.

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

7am - 4pm

SI is on fire!

Snook was there... probably more than 15 hooks up easily! 3-4 keeper landed and many more out of slot landed.
Blue, macks, bluerunner, and jacks are all there. Sheephead on the beach side of north pier. I never seen so many sheephead being caught in such a short time.
2 reds... one keeper. 1 black drum.

I was fishing at the end of north pier. After 1pm or something like that... it completely stopped. Just a hit or two on macks, bluefish, and jacks.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

went yesterday it was very slow in the morning/afternoon. there was a guy who hooked quite a few jacks but he was there all day and told me it was slow also.
saw like 2 20lbrs chasing a bait in the water and mackerel everywhere on the south side. i only caught 1 small jack and thats it. lots of pompano fishermen way further down from me on the beach.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Anyone been out recently? How's the fishing going at the inlet?

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

heard davie boy has been killing the flatties and trout few snook here and there other then that idk
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

caught another keeper snook there last weekend... small macks, blue, sheephead, and jacks was caught while I was there.

Didn't know the flounder are still around... hhmm

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

last Thursday the jacks were everywhere including the blues. might go in the next hour or so if i feel up to it.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

fished yesterday afternoon and the results were jack after jack. everybody was getting into them and a few nice blues too. one shark was caught and i saw a bucket with lots of sheephead in it.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Nice! I'm heading to the inlet this week so hopefully the fishing is good!

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

I'll be out there to try for some snook tomorrow.

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

Was out there going for snook only saw one came over the rail that is over size.

Now for the report. I go there around 5pm. Was trying out the rocks near the north catwalk a bit with shrimp and fiddler crabs. Saw a guy on the catwalk land a nice sheephead. I catch a few mangrove snapper next to the rocks. Most of them around 5-6" only. Saw a bunch of sheephead around that size as well. All of a sudden a saw a nice size shadow came out of the rock and nailed my crab. Landed a nice 12-13" snapper!

Then we move to the pier... don't want to waste all our bait on the small snapper trying to weed out the weed one and get the keeper. We fish the beginning of the pier while seeing people landing jacks at the end. We got a few sheaphead, all were under size and one was keeper. We also landed a nice size black drum. Saw another person land a keeper sheephead as well. Not much was going on, on the pier.

We move toward the end, to try for some snapper. When the sun was about to set, bluefish and ladyfish came into play. People were seeing the action at the end of the pier and everyone moves to it trying to fish for these two. We were there fishing as well but move out to avoid the crowd a bit. Then saw like the big tangle and people were trying to untangle in the dark and we go back to fish it a bit.

Those guys took like 30mins to untangle the line. No one want to cut the line and retie in the dark. So we were lucky enough to fish during there tangle there LOL. Each shrimp we float out to try to get snook were slamed by ladyfish all night all. Kept a bunch for bait next time. Also jack was in the mix... rarely though. Saw another guy hook up something really big and lose it. He was pumping the fish when it's continuing taking line out... lol.

Got home with a dozen or two big ladyfish and 1 snapper, sheepie, and black drum. Went through 5 dozen shrimps + 3 dozen shrimps(that another group gave us) + 2 dozen fiddler crabs. Hooking ladyfish left and right lol.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Sounds like you had a good day! I fished the surf from 11-4 and it was slow but I landed 2 keeper sheepshead and a nice whiting and then I moved to the inlet and I caught a nice Spanish Mack on a bait freelined in the current, but that was it for me. I took a walk to the north jetty around 5 and I saw jacks and blues in people's buckets but nothing too good... Headed back to the beach today and landed a nice pompano and a sheepshead but it was slow again, probably due to the dredging... Im probably gonna head to the inlet tomorrow again so hopefully I get something nice! Thanks for the report and tight lines!!

tunatom85
Fisher

Post by tunatom85 »

Fishing was good this last week.... lots of blues and jacks on the outgoing tide until dark. Some big reds caught on shrimp at dark. I didnt see any snook. Spoons & gotchas working well. Some really nice lady fish in the mix as well.

Tons of black tips showed up at dark with hook ups on almost every drift until the tide changed. Between the three of us who were trying for the black tips I bet we hooked up with 30 fish on 3/24. All on dead blues and jacks... whole or cut in half.
photo-2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kahmad
Fisher

Post by kahmad »

Fished 5/10 at from sunset to 11ish. Didn't see any snook or reds come up, but did see a few nice bluefish caught. The usualy ladyfish and jacks as well.

Snook should be moving in soon enough.

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

Slow day out there. Rumor has it.. permit was running there and that's what I was after. Bait shop wasn't open when I get there, so I just tie on my pompano jig and tried it out there. Hook on what seems to be a big snook that took me in the rocks...

Went to get bait afterward... Saw a few people fishing for permit but didn't see too many crab flush. Didn't see any permit caught. A few mango, bluerunner, black margate, and lookdown was caught out there. I am the only one that took home 4 lookdown... they ate my live shrimp.... >.<

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

tears143 wrote:Slow day out there. Rumor has it.. permit was running there and that's what I was after.
No rumor...they were there and few caught.

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

Rare wrote:
tears143 wrote:Slow day out there. Rumor has it.. permit was running there and that's what I was after.
No rumor...they were there and few caught.
I know ;)

MHERRON2213
Fisher

Post by MHERRON2213 »

Coming to Cocoa Beach next week - Never been to Sebastian - any pointers as to where to toss in a line? We will be shore bound. spots - general areas - best bait if not artificial

Thanks
Mike & Sarah

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Seaweed :(

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

MHERRON2213 wrote:Coming to Cocoa Beach next week - Never been to Sebastian - any pointers as to where to toss in a line? We will be shore bound. spots - general areas - best bait if not artificial

Thanks
Mike & Sarah

Depends....what gear do you have? What do you want to target?

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

There are tons of bait at SI right now. Mullet, mojara, and small greenies.

I caught a few dozen for off shore...

Offshore was pretty crazy... boats everywhere! Most people didn't catch anything including my group. The current wasn't really moving much... didn't help with the bite and full moon.

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Anyone been down there lately? Hows the seaweed and water clarity lookin after all the storms? Thinkin bout makin the drive down there tomorrow. Thanks.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

i was here today and I caught this guy :mrgreen: guys it was on at Sebastian I forgot my cast net :? they were catching jacks a few reds as I was going on da bridge they nail a guy FWC or whatever they are called over there they gave a ticket of $300.00 under size Red Fish ,a permit was caught in da morning I didn't see it but someone told me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Fish confiscated by FWC

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

permitchaser wrote:i was here today and I caught this guy :mrgreen: guys it was on at Sebastian I forgot my cast net :? they were catching jacks a few reds as I was going on da bridge they nail a guy FWC or whatever they are called over there they gave a ticket of $300.00 under size Red Fish ,a permit was caught in da morning I didn't see it but someone told me.
Nice :toast:
you got crab?

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

kblue wrote:
permitchaser wrote:i was here today and I caught this guy :mrgreen: guys it was on at Sebastian I forgot my cast net :? they were catching jacks a few reds as I was going on da bridge they nail a guy FWC or whatever they are called over there they gave a ticket of $300.00 under size Red Fish ,a permit was caught in da morning I didn't see it but someone told me.
you got crab?
no

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

permitchaser wrote:
kblue wrote:
you got crab?
no
:uplol: :uplol: :uplol:

Maybe you are not interested in permit up there?

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Thanks for the report

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Your first time up in SI? Love that place just hate the amount of people there. Makes pomp runs here look like child play.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

kblue wrote:Maybe you are not interested in permit up there?
I had but i gave em away it was like 5

Return to “Brevard--Indian River--St Lucie Countys--Volusia”