Unofficial 2009 Shorebound Shark Tourney Pic Thread

Info, Photos and leaderboard thread for 2009
TarponKing
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Unofficial 2009 Shorebound Shark Tourney Pic Thread

Post by TarponKing »

We work hard for every fish we catch...no doubt this was a real slow "end of summer" season...so any fish caught by any team was hard worked for....not trying to start a silly little argument here but me and zac work our arses off to be able to fish all summer.....and no.. i didnt win the lotto .....zac and myself dont even see that as a dream or want, we dont care about money and so called "nicer things in life" ...rather be on the water everyday of our lifes and its what we live to do, something that money doesnt have a meaning too. so work 6-7days a week all year except summer and fish your hearts out april on through. if me zac or bruce won the lotto we would fish everyday the rest of our lives......hell most of it would be given away.

btw...those signs are courtesy of local jensen beach surfers who chill at the beaches during the summer and enjoy and respect local shark fishermen.....most surfers think shark fishing is cool basically they love the ocean and beaches as we do.
and we stuck to the true meaning of why we fish for sharks and thats to target big fish....sure we could have dinked fish but thats not what we enjoy doing , expecially during summer time....dont use anything smaller then a 12/0 cause we are not going to put any risk to losing a big one......although we would have put more points on the board as if we did but we werent going for points we were looking for the big fish........you can go sailfishing or you can go marlin fishing .........you can fish for a shark that just came out of momma, or fish for momma..
Biggest fish of 09'

TarponKing
Seasoned Fisher

Post by TarponKing »

we lost 2 big fish the first one previously posted about and another where the head bait was foul hooked where only the tip of the hook was in the fish....most likely a big tiger ....2 big fish...2pulled hooks sad to say but thats fishing, but it wont stop us from still targeting another day after day..
Biggest fish of 09'

Rip the Lips
Fisher

Post by Rip the Lips »

This is it for Rip the Lips! Great job everybody!

Team Rip the Lips

captbruce
Weekend Warrior

Post by captbruce »

Josh,

You guys did a great Job .. :reeling: I feel very bad for you and all you have been threw with your foot that was serious , yet you jammed the rod into the sand and fought the Sharks and 9 footers at that . You deserve an award in itself as far as I am concerned and all of whatever we get can go to you if there is anything from the Team I have no need for it....You are a well respectible young man with a tenacious practice for shark fishing.( AND RESPECT FOR THE CREATURES) I could have wished I knew more of what happend in the end though :scratch: I have not beach sharked for many years but my days sharking began in 1982 so I have been around a while.Beach Sharking is a challenge period !! .I was there when we seen the monster tiger you hooked it kid.The site of line peeling not being able to turn her made it even more amazing and yes that is fishing but the hook became burried in the bait hey with like 10 or so nurses prior to that MONSTER hey we had to head bait to try to keep something on the hook.. When you are out there playing with the Big Boys alot can happen and it did but that is what you can be proud of you sought the sharks and found and YES "Hooked Up" !! I really had some fun and memories made the best for me was watching you guys never stop moving like u guys ran on duracells :cheers: No need to pour salt on the wound for 6 months you need to heal buddy .As I feel personally ,I would carry YOU on my back onto the beach to get you back out there sooner. I am a good guy and have had alot of disapointments near the end but never at what myself or you guys brought onto the beach :thumleft: all diffences can be worked out .. If the rules change here a bit maybe a 5 foot Legal Length for Spinners and Black Tips only .The outcome would change period..I congradulate the winners and all whom participated :cheers: I look foward to shaking hands and meeting many of you with my family at the awards.I want you all to meet my son "Tanner" he is an amazing kid with an amazing outlook ...There are many steps in life some are not so fun yet we move onto a better day and "Thank God" for being able to walk onto the beach and just reel in a shark .. Some may not be as lucky..I Thank God for being that fortunate . I do have some Tica spinning reels coming from Jon for you n greenie ..

Tight Lines to ALL of You may you be blessed with the monster sharks of your dreams, CapT Bruce

http://www.billybones.cc

maddawgandcrew
Old Salt

Post by maddawgandcrew »

josh and zac yall did a hell of a job it takes more out of ya fishing out there 24/7 in the heat and bugs than it would sitting at home on the sofa

blackbart yall did it again some real nice fish its good yall can split your team and find the fish the way you do hats off to ya guys

rip the lips some sweet fish yall got you put in the work and got some nice fish

bolo yall kept those bridges hot or they kept you hot

i couldent ask for a better friend to fish with thank you josh it has ben a long time since i have fished with somone with such devotion .and my girls fished there butts of evan padling out there own baits hell evan my girlfriend padled out a few baits for me when my back started bothering me .the only girls i know that will padle out baits . we fished our butts of and never got the bites just a bad luck streak from the start .butt my back is almost 100% and i feeeeeeeeeeeeel GREAT and so glad i could fish this great tourny ..

thanks herb and tommy and everyone else involved this was a good time had by all :salut: :salut: :salut:
maddawg
TEAM DARK WATER

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

maddawgandcrew wrote:bolo yall kept those bridges hot or they kept you hot
Let's just say I cursed every minute I'm on the bridge. When I leave to go home I can't wait to get back out. :D
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

bolo wrote:
Let's just say I cursed every minute I'm on the bridge. When I leave to go home I can't wait to get back out. :D
I hear ya man. I'm already thinking about going down this weekend. :mrgreen:

WhoDey
KING MACKEREL

Post by WhoDey »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:
bolo wrote:
I hear ya man. I'm already thinking about going down this weekend. :mrgreen:
I am thinking about sleeping until 4pm this weekend! 6 weeks straight in the keys fishing the bridges, Leaving work Friday and bolting straight down 4 hours driving, fishing until Sunday Midday and 4 hours back home just to unpack, clean gear, and crash... I need some time off, I think even Jimmy Buffet would say F-The keys at this point in time :lol:

To all the other teams, much respect for the sharks you put on the board. We didn't hook up as much as we had hoped but in the dog days of summer the bite is just not there sometimes. Here is to everyone who competed in this premier shark Tourney :toast:
Team Locked Drag
2009 Big Hammer Challenge Bridge champs
2009 ShoreBound Tourney Bridge & Pier champs
2008 ShoreBound Tourney Bridge & Pier champs

See us in action!

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

WhoDey wrote:I am thinking about sleeping until 4pm this weekend!
Bulls#@t, you better be ready to catch bait this weekend early morning.

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

WhoDey... 4 hours? What the hell are you doing... driving backwards?
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

james380 wrote:WhoDey... 4 hours? What the hell are you doing... driving backwards?
Ricky is driving and do not care to drive the minimum speed limit.

WhoDey
KING MACKEREL

Post by WhoDey »

james380 wrote:WhoDey... 4 hours? What the hell are you doing... driving backwards?
With Stops to transfer gear into one vehicle at a meeting point, stopping for bait, stopping for food.... It makes for a long trip.
Team Locked Drag

See us in action!

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

WhoDey wrote:
With Stops to transfer gear into one vehicle at a meeting point, stopping for bait, stopping for food.... It makes for a long trip.
That is why you do it the day before.

WhoDey
KING MACKEREL

Post by WhoDey »

bolo wrote:
WhoDey wrote:
That is why you do it the day before.
Yes because that is absolutely feasible & practical with my work schedule and Rickys, why didn't I think of that! Well there is always next time!
Team Locked Drag

See us in action!

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

:biglaugh:
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

I just got back from the hospital, where I had surgery yesterday to fix my devaited septum, remove my tonsils, adnoids, and a few other things that I cant spell. I am pretty sore and cant go out in the sun for close to two weeks. I will be at the picnic though, I just wont be enjoying it with some cold beers like I would like to be.

I want to start by thanking Tommy for running the tourney this year and for being so easy to get ahold and to work with.

This tourney was the toughest that we have ever fished. 40 days is a really long time especially when the fishing is as slow as it was. I know it put a lot of strain on our jobs, our relationships with each other, and our relationships with our families and wives or girlfriends.

The fishing was really slow compared to last year and compared to april this year. That being said we were still able to put up a good number of sharks, including a few nice 8 and 9 ft Lemons, a fat Bull over 8, and the only shark making double digitals that has been posted so far.

There is a lot of talented, dedicated, classy fishermen involved in this tourney. But sometimes this nonsense gets so bad its like a women's sowing circle. You have public beaches with crap written on poles by the entrances, crap written on the back of cars, gossip phone calls behind people's backs making stuff up, people calling the cops on people, and there just isnt any reason for it. Sometimes I think we need to seperate the fishermen (Rip the Lips, LP, Josh, Zac, Locked Drag, Hammertime and most of the others in this tourney) from the story tellers and hanger ons (you know who you are). This thing doesnt always need to be such a soap opera.
ILSFA Member and Record Holder
Team Blackbart

maddawgandcrew
Old Salt

Post by maddawgandcrew »

gossip phone calls behind people's backs making stuff up, people calling the cops on people, and there just isnt any reason for it. Sometimes I think we need to seperate the fishermen (Rip the Lips, LP, Josh, Zac, Locked Drag, Hammertime and most of the others in this tourney) from the story tellers and hanger ons (you know who you are). This thing doesnt always need to be such a soap opera.

WELL at least most of it was done of the forum this time .i got to fish with and talk to alot teams this year and it was nice to share the beachs and stories with new friends ..it was a great time and i am just glad i was able to fish dident think for a while i would be able to it was against my docs orders but thanks to good friends and family we had a fun time
maddawg
TEAM DARK WATER

maneater
Weekend Warrior

Post by maneater »

JunoChris wrote:I just got back from the hospital, where I had surgery yesterday to fix my devaited septum, remove my tonsils, adnoids, and a few other things that I cant spell. I am pretty sore and cant go out in the sun for close to two weeks. I will be at the picnic though, I just wont be enjoying it with some cold beers like I would like to be.

does this mean you wont be able to yell for a while??? im sure the boaters and surfers will appreciate the break :biglaugh: although who will keep pete entertained :scratch:
people are sooo much cooler online!!!

Get-em-wet
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Get-em-wet »

just give petey a mountain dew, he'll keep himself entertained. :D :lol:

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Here are the final stats for those that like this kind of information:

Until the end of week 6 (Officially posted sharks and points)
186 qualified sharks were caught and released.

52 Blacktips/spinners/fine tooth
27 Bulls
55 Lemons
31 Nurses
3 Tigers
2 Hammerheads
2 Sand Tigers
14 Sand Bar

Blacktips over 6’ = 12

Bulls over 8’ but less than 9’ = 4
Lemons over 8’ but less than 9’ = 14
Nurses over 8’ but less than 9’ = 3
Tigers over 8’ but less than 9’ = 2
Sand Tigers over 8’ but less than 9’ = 1
Total sharks over 8’ but less than 9’ = 24

Lemons over 9’ but less than10’ = 13
Tigers over 9’ but less than 10’ = 1
Total sharks over 9’ but less than 10’ = 14

Hammerhead over 11’ but less than 12’ = 1

Tagging information:
Team Black Bart tagged 25 sharks
Team Old School tagged 25 sharks
Team Rip The Lips tagged 25 sharks
Team Land Pirate Crew tagged 11 sharks
Team Islander tagged 6 sharks
Team Hammer Time tagged 2 sharks

Blacktips tagged = 28
Bulls tagged = 14
Hammerheads tagged = 2
Lemons tagged = 33
Tiger Sharks tagged = 3
Sand Tigers tagged = 2
Sand Bars tagged = 14

96 sharks have been tagged (This means that 52% of the sharks were tagged)
Please remember to mail your tag cards as soon as possible to their respective program.

Out of 186 sharks 39 were over 8’ long

1 shark was recaptured and released 3 times and one more was caught and recaptured and released again

Top 3 team stats

Black Bart over 11 feet = 1
Black Bart over 9 feet = 2
Black Bart over 8 feet = 6
Black Bart over 7 feet = 6
Black Bart over 6 feet = 14
Black Bart Blacktips = 20
Sharks less than 6’ = 6
Black Bart total shark caught = 55

OLD SCHOOL over 9 feet = 7
OLD SCHOOL over 8 feet = 8
OLD SCHOOL over 7 feet = 6
OLD SCHOOL over 6 feet = 5
OLD SCHOOL Blacktips = 11
Sharks less than 6’ = 5
OLD SCHOOL total sharks caught = 42

RIP THE LIPS over 9 feet = 4
RIP THE LIPS over 8 feet = 5
RIP THE LIPS over 7 feet = 2
RIP THE LIPS over 6 feet = 10
RIP THE LIPS Blacktips = 2
Sharks less than 6’ = 7
RIP THE LIPS total sharks caught = 30

In total DINKS all 3 top teams had 6, 5, and 7 sharks that were smaller than 6 feet. This is not counting black tips, since most agree that the average size for these mini torpedoes is 4 feet but in our tournament the minimum size allowed is 5 feet and from the 52 caught only 23% of them reached 6 feet total length.

Some past tournaments were based on how many sharks were caught. This Tournament is based on points and no matter how you arrange the above, the teams that won, would still win.

Props to all of you, all of you fished hard, some found the fish some didn't, some went out looking for the sharks and some sat in their back yard waiting for them to swim by. Some split their teams to expand their chances and some stayed together at all times. Like many say "it is not whether you win or lose, it is how you play the game" At some point we all want to win but in the end the satisfaction of participating is all that counts. I know many of you will have many memories that will last a life time.

Thank you all for all the previous complements and I hope to see you all at the BBQ on August 23rd at Carlin Park Juno FL.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

When are we going to get a final result? It is Wednesday. Come on Chop Chop. :P

Blacktip Hunter
KING MACKEREL

Post by Blacktip Hunter »

Props to all the participants with their hard work and efforts towards the tournament!! :cheers:
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1)

Visit us online: http://blacktiphfishing.org

Team rebel
KING MACKEREL

Post by Team rebel »

JunoChris wrote: There is a lot of talented, dedicated, classy fishermen involved in this tourney. But sometimes this nonsense gets so bad its like a women's sowing circle. You have public beaches with crap written on poles by the entrances, crap written on the back of cars, gossip phone calls behind people's backs making stuff up, people calling the cops on people, and there just isnt any reason for it. Sometimes I think we need to seperate the fishermen (Rip the Lips, LP, Josh, Zac, Locked Drag, Hammertime and most of the others in this tourney) from the story tellers and hanger ons (you know who you are). This thing doesnt always need to be such a soap opera.

Wow, I havent been on here in over a week or two and catchin up on reading...somebody fill me in on wtf happened and clear this post here up? I'm sure theres others wondering this as well? b/c I know I sure as f*ck am wondering who in the hell its directed too

and congrats to all the participants and winners, it was a very slow year but hey, chit happens, cant wait to see everyone at the awards

-Zach
" Welcome to the Greatest Show on Surf"

http://WWW.TEAMREBELFISHING.COM

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

I could post pictures and the whole story but then Tommy would just freeze my account and delete my post like he has already done to some others.

Its honestly just a bunch of juvenile crap and people not acting their age. In the end it didnt have any effect on the tourney and we won.
Team Blackbart

maddawgandcrew
Old Salt

Post by maddawgandcrew »

Sometimes I think we need to seperate the fishermen (Rip the Lips, LP, Josh, Zac, Locked Drag, Hammertime and most of the others in this tourney) from the story tellers and hanger ons (you know who you are). This thing doesnt always need to be such a soap opera.[/quote]

zac did bring up a good question just who are these people did they evan fish the tourny ...if you are worried about being baned of the site by tommy did anyone else get baned
maddawg
TEAM DARK WATER

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

I'm not going to go into further details about things I will just leave it at how I put it. The people involved know situation and Tommy does also. Its honestly just a bunch of petty crap and in no way effected the outcome of the tourney. If you werent involved then it honestly isnt any of your business and putting the whole story here would just feed the never ending circus that seems that come with every tourney. It was simply a quote to say enough with the childish writing stuff on boardwalks or gossiping on the phone or computer. Thats the last thing I will say about it.
Team Blackbart

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

For a post that actually involves things that were caught during the tourney, here is some of the non shark catches we got during this years shorebound
Team Blackbart

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Those are some big jewfish there Chris. :thumleft:

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:Those are some big jewfish there Chris. :thumleft:
Rory, you think our Jew was much bigger?

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

bolo wrote:
PhishingPhanatic wrote:Those are some big jewfish there Chris. :thumleft:
Rory, you think our Jew was much bigger?
Those would have eaten Rob's for a snack. :lol:

Return to “2009 SHOREBOUND SHARK TOURNEY”