Boca Inlet "Fishing Report" 2013 to 2022

Boatless Fishing Reports for Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton, Delray, Juno.
Martin County, Hobe Sound, Indian town, Port Mayaki
BadWolf43
Fisher

Re: Boca Inlet "Fishing Report" 2013

Post by BadWolf43 »

:fish: :nemo: :fish: BAIT!!! :fish: :nemo: :fish:

The inlet was packed with bait this morning but by 9:30 it was dead. I landed a nice barracuda and other were catching blues left and right.

gatorjwade
Old Salt

Post by gatorjwade »

Thanks for the report! After catching nothing up on N Boca beach, I drove South towards Deerfield and saw quite a few people out there fishin' at the inlet about 8:45am-ish. Sounds like I picked the wrong spot. :-(
Jeff

landcaster
Seasoned Fisher

Post by landcaster »

Thursday 8/28 No pole...of course.... driving on A1A birds diving big bait school in trough getting chomped heading south toward Deerfield

BadWolf43
Fisher

Post by BadWolf43 »

gatorjwade wrote:Thanks for the report! After catching nothing up on N Boca beach, I drove South towards Deerfield and saw quite a few people out there fishin' at the inlet about 8:45am-ish. Sounds like I picked the wrong spot. :-(
I didn't see any bait Saturday morning but i did catch my limit of snappers at the jetty. :D Gator i saw you there on the inner inlet side, did you have any luck?

gatorjwade
Old Salt

Post by gatorjwade »

Wow, u should have turned me on to those snappers! Limit of legal size snappers... Awesome! :cheers:
Say "hello" next time u see me out!... :-)

Got nothing but a porcupine fish on the baitfish that we were free-lining. :-(

A friend of mine caught (and released) a 36" snook at sunset yesterday free-lining a pilchard on the beach... there was an explosion.... the baitfish were trapped between the sandbar and beach at low tide and supposedly ladyfish, small sharks, stingrays and snook were in on the action!

I hope for better luck tomorrow morning.... :-)
Jeff

waynepwilson
Fisher

Post by waynepwilson »

Was at Boca Inlet yesterday morning with the family from 7am-2pm. 4-6" pilchards were thick with cigar minnows also early am, moved out as the tide came in. Saw some tarpon chasing inside just after the bend. Caught 1 14" Mangrove, 13" runner, 23" snook my son got and he broke a monster snook off, came to the jetti, saw us, scrapped the rocks and pop! My daughter broke off on something big. I had a slot snook that broke my 20lb fluoro leader as I was lipping him, bad grip, bye bye snook. We were the only ones catching snook that I know of. Went to a 40lb mono leader and then no more hits. School of big jack crevelle's balled up and exploded on the remaining bait pods as we were leaving and everything was gone by 2pm. Good day for us! Saw 1 Pompano caught beachside, short mangroves, and as the jacks moved in 1 guy hooked up with about a 10 pounder.

gatorjwade
Old Salt

Post by gatorjwade »

Wow, I left the inlet at about 6:30am... sounds like the action started just after I left! :-(

Good for you guys, tho! Glad your family had some good action! Apparently it picked-up with the incoming tide.
Jeff

waynepwilson
Fisher

Post by waynepwilson »

Spent the last 3 weeks here at the inlet. 3-4 days a week fishing for 2-4 hours. Caught 1 tarpon, 3 cuda, 5 keeper mangroves, big runners, and tons of bait (pilchards, gogs, sardines, cigar minnows.) Not a single snook since Labor day :evil: , alhough I have seen some guys getting slot sizes. The rest of the catches have been short mangroves. Seen a lot of tarpon and Jack Cravelles busting bait at the tide changes.

gatorjwade
Old Salt

Post by gatorjwade »

Nice! Thanks for the report, Wayne.
Jeff

True_Blue
Fisher

Re: Boca Inlet "Fishing Report" 2013 to 2022

Post by True_Blue »

Should have put this report here instead of Broward County but here it goes. Fished the inlet at high tide around the seawall, trying for moonfish, caught other smaller fish instead and some bait stealers. There is whitebait there now, someone was using a red #4 marathon (Walmart brand) sabiki and was successful in catching them. Oh, BTW they are pumping sewage water in the inlet nowadays so you need to plan likewise as the fish disappear when that happens. Also, the tide chart for Boca Inlet is running 1 hour ahead. As for me, I have caught moonfish at Aglins but recently have stopped going there because of the mess there. Anyone knows of a better place to catch them?

Return to “Palm Beach and Martin Countys”